How strange a bjp leader of haryana says this. How can she comment like this. This she said after the gang rape of a girl in haryana. She cannot escape by commenting such things. This shows how our politicians think.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/rewari-haryana-gang-rape-premlata-singh-haryana-bjp-legislator-from-uchana-kalan-frustration-over-un-1917092

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ Sanjeev - I think that you posted wrong link of news. 

People in some backward states of India have very negative mindset with respect to women. This comment from a minister is very irresponsible. The fact is that rape is very common in India as many women don't report those cases to the police. When I was living in Kolkata, had a Bihari roommate even he propagated that if you touch or rape any woman she will not complain due to shame. He also used to say openly that he has done many such things in his village in Bihar but nothing happened to him. He used to make marriage profile and misuse many innocent girl. Such elements are extremely common in our country but they don't get punished.

Thats because girls /women are not aware that they have special rights and are listened when they lodged fir against molestation.

In bihar specially in villages females are not educated and have that mentality that they will be defamed if they complained that they have been molested. This mentality has to be changed to have developed bihar otherwise will do that without fear.

P. S. EDIT THE LINK

Thank you said by: arjun sai

It is extremely shameful that a politician , that too a woman comes up with such irresponsible and insensitive statements .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

People need to realise and think back on the statements they make as loose comments which make no sense put them in a bad light.

usha manohar wrote:

It is extremely shameful that a politician , that too a woman comes up with such irresponsible and insensitive statements .

It looks more shameful as a woman commented this. Being a woman she should have understood the pain the victim might have been feeling. 

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It looks more shameful as a woman commented this. Being a woman she should have understood the pain the victim might have been feeling. 

Gone are those days when women used to understand pain of women. In a state in Northern India we had a case in newspaper where the wife of a man helped him in raping his house maid repeatedly. This was also shown in crime patrol once. Only once the maid escaped the story was known to police and both arrested.

I really don't know what to write on this. I read a novel"Hunger" by Knut Hamsun( hope I got the name correct), he was a Nobel prize winner. He writes that hungry man instead of going for food sees a naked woman and indulges in carnal knowledge of her even before he can satiate his hunger for food.  So what the lady has said is not entirely incorrect, but the law should be a deterrent, which it, unfortunately, is NOT. Till date, not a single murder- rapist is executed and years have passed. Till the law is effected this will continue. Now we have the Rewari gang rape, nothing will happen to these men 10 years down the line. The fact is Hindus are weak and Frank Moraes wrote of the "meek and mild Hindu". its true as the stomach to execute ( hang ) the criminal is not there. That goes for the GOI and the SC as well. So these rapes will continue.

I am agree with you@MG that law should be deterrent. Our law have so much loop holes, I think no other country have these. Here is chance of appealing in upper courts, and years passed when the case reached at conclusion. Here courts punished to rapist but society always punished to victims. Here I read that some rapist have been punished in PASCO act, but they have enough time to appeal and appeal at upper courts. When punishment will executed,  peoples almost forgot about case. 

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Absolutely , but there is an old saying that a woman is another woman's worst enemy , for whatever reason ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Absolutely , but there is an old saying that a woman is another woman's worst enemy , for whatever reason ..

Yes and because of such women in our society the condition of women is bad. 

They keep quite while seeing a crime being done with another women which encourages criminals to do the same crime with some else as they understand that no one will stop them for it. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.