Benefits of mustard seeds

Mustard seeds have been around since almost 5,000 years. They're known to have numerous benefits since they're low in calories and high in nutritional value and have a lot of antibacterial and antiseptic qualities.

They're available in different varieties — black mustard, white mustard and brown Indian mustard, in whole as well as in powdered form.

- Mustard oil is known to be great for the skin because it generates warmth.

- Mustard seeds are rich in a nutrient called selenium, known for its high anti-inflammatory effects. n The high source of magnesium in mustard seeds helps reducing the severity of asthma attacks and certain symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and lowering blood pressure.

- Suffer from migraines? Mustard seeds are known to give relief from the number of migraine attacks you get.

- Mustard seeds are very rich in calcium, manganese, omega 3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, protein and dietary fiber — include them in your diet.

- For people who suffer from a bad appetite, here's something that will be really helpful. Mix a few black mustard seeds with milk and have it 15 to 20 minutes before your meal.

- Mustard seeds are excellent for digestion because they increase the metabolism rate of your body.

- They're also beneficial for menopausal women who have trouble sleeping.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Very elaborate narration of benefits of mustard. I feel it will be better to use mustard oil as cooking medium.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I thought mustard seeds are only used for preparing tadka.It is good to know these many uses of mustard seeds. :) :)
Mustard Oil to Treat Back Pain

Mustard oil is a liniment that can be used to treat back pain naturally. The oil is a natural rubefacient, which means it can increase the flow of blood on the surface of the skin. The revitalized flow can facilitate healing.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions
Things You'll Need:

* Mustard oil
* Garlic

Find a reliable source for mustard oil, such as a health-food store that features a wide variety of herbs and herbal supplements. In the United States, mustard oil can only be sold for external use due to its relative toxicity.

Use the mustard oil topically, concentrating on the areas where your back pain is the most severe. Apply a smaller amount along the spine, working from the nape of the neck to the tip of the tailbone.

Allow the mustard oil to be completely absorbed into the skin. You may feel some discomfort, such as itchiness or warm sensations, but these are natural results of the anti-inflammatory properties of the mustard oil.

Mix garlic cloves with the mustard oil for an even more effective home remedy for treating back pain. Roast 10 to 12 garlic cloves with 3 to 4 tbsp. of the oil until the cloves are golden brown. Allow the oil to cool, and then apply it to the affected areas.

Avoid bathing for at least 3 hours after applying the oil, and then try to restrict the use of soaps and lotions. Soap and warm water can easily remove the oil from the skin before it has a chance to work.

Continue applying the mustard oil once a day for at least 2 weeks. If you do not experience a significant reduction in back pain, see your doctor immediately. Back pain may be a symptom of a much more serious medical condition, such as arthritis or kidney disease.

Use mustard oil for a variety of reasons other than to treat back pain. Mustard oil can also be used as a skin conditioner and to enhance blood circulation and muscle development. Mustard oil is also an effective antibacterial agent.
Benefits of mustard oil

Here is a list of the benefits which mustard oil offers. Go through and find out how it can benefit you.

* Helps to stay away form coronary heart diseases

* It can be used as an antibacterial oil

* Helps to detoxify human body

* Helps to reduce hair fall through improved blood circulation if it is massaged on scalp

* Stimulates digestion, circulation and excretory system

* It can be used as an irritant for stimulating sensation in senseless organs and muscles. Irritants are also useful for driving up muscles.

* Helps preventing fungal growth, thus it can be used as anti-fungal

* Helps in winter for making body warm and generating mild irritating effect through massage on body

* Helps making immune system strong

* Useful for treating cough and cold

* Protects teeth from germs if rubbed on gums and make gums strong

* Organic mustard oil helps preventing cancer and is also helpful for slowing down the ageing process

* Helps stimulating sweat glands and helps lowering body temperature

* It consist of fatty acids like omega alpha 3 and omega alpha 6 which have beneficial properties (what beneficial properties)
We use mustard very well.But mustard oil make us vomit.My wife felt very difficult to eat food when I visited Delhi and Agra six years ago due to use of this mustard oil.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Home remedies for Hair Loss with Mustard Oil and Henna Leaves

Mustard oil, boiled with henna leaves, is helpful for healthy growth of hair. About 250 ml of mustard oil must be boiled in a tin basin and about sixty grams of henna leaves should be slowly put in this oil till they are burnt in the oil. The oil must then be filtered using a cloth and stored. Normal massage of the head with the oil will create abundant hair. One of the safe and best home remedies for baldness
So mustard oil can be used for hair loss also!Oh I lost almost all hairs and you came only now to say remedies!!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]So mustard oil can be used for hair loss also!Oh I lost almost all hairs and you came only now to say remedies!!![/quote]

@ abid

sorry i'm bit late....otherwise my tips would have helped to controll your hair fall...
Here are some benefits of mustard seeds:

Regular massage with mustard oil promotes sweating which not only helps in lowering the body temperature but also removes toxins, excess water and salt. People with dry skin and hair, especially in winters can be benefited immensely. Moreover, after a good massage your blood circulation increases.

Another thing I would like to add here is that– you will never suffer from dryness all your winters by smothering mustard oil all over your body every time you take a bath. Moreover, If you are short on time then massage your body for 10 minutes and then shower. You will be benefited by its warming, antiseptic, carminative, antibacterial properties.

The presence of Allylisothiocyanate in mustard does not allow fungal growth and serves as an anti-fungal agent. Mustard paste applied externally is beneficial in the treatment of ring worms.

In case of sun burn, rub the area with mustard oil and leave it for some time. It will remove the tan and pull out the heat from the effected area providing relief from itching and redness.

To increase the growth of your hair, boil mustard oil with henna leaves in a tinned based utensil. Massage your hair with this oil can do wonders for your hair growth
this oil is very strong in smell also. If it has strong smell then only consider this as pure else some impurities will be there,, :ohmy:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.