Today in most of the regions of Northern India a festival called "Ahoi ashtami" is celebrated. on this day the mothers keep fast till night for her children. it is not allowed to scold children on this day. the children are allowed to do whatever they like on this day. during evening puja the small children are gifted with some toys, clothes and sweets of various kinds. the mother completes the fast after watching the stars in sky at night. very wonderful day. :)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is celebrated in Agra/ Mathura region also. But this is not very famous all over India.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It's a new piece of information to me...strange custom....
can you submit it as a detailed article?
here, mothers won't scold their kids if they are Sabarimala Ayyappan.....will get at least 1 month..hihi

Meera sandhu
here, mothers won't scold their kids if they are Sabarimala Ayyappan.....will get at least 1 month..hihi

i will try to write to write a full article then after its approved i will post link here. :)
Today in most of the regions of Northern India a festival called "Ahoi ashtami" is celebrated. on this day the mothers keep fast till night for her children. it is not allowed to scold children on this day. the children are allowed to do whatever they like on this day. during evening puja the small children are gifted with some toys, clothes and sweets of various kinds. the mother completes the fast after watching the stars in sky at night. very wonderful day. :)

Of course as you said it's not known all over the country. And its a fully unknown festival in South India.

i will try to write to write a full article then after its approved i will post link here. :)

Mothers won't scold their children on any festival or an auspicious day in my place.
This festival is not celebrated in Kolkata. Thanks Arjun for sharing this with all of us. This festival is very interesting. It is somewhat like Children's Day.
This festival I heard for the first time.Very much eager to know about this festival.Please give details of this.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yes this is a new festival to me. I will say it to my children and hope they will be happy. At least they will be free from education.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
In Kolkata on the day of saraswati puja we are also free from studies.We are not allowed to touch books on that very day.

Sharmistha Banerjee
i tried to publish my article but it was not approved. so i am giving you the link you can read details about Ahoi ashtami here:-

justpaste.it/1hzz
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.