If your parents disagree with you on a particular view what do you do? Do you obey what they say or do you follow your own way? What do you think is the right thing to do?

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I would try to convince them about my view point and explain with plausible reasons. If they understand, then good, if not, then I simply go about my way and do what I want.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If your parents disagree with you on a particular view what do you do? Do you obey what they say or do you follow your own way? What do you think is the right thing to do?

Disagreements crop up between the parents and the children mainly due to generation gap. Children being in the later generation their way of thinking differs from that of the parents. Its up to the children to understand this vital point, and try to bridge the gap. Its not difficult to convince the parents if the younger generation exercise patience. A dialogue in an amicable atmosphere will set right the things.
in family matters, I shall abide by my parents decision. For example, if my father does not like to go to some of his relatives's marriage, I shall follow suit. But I shall not even consult him about other social matters with which family is not concerned.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

in family matters, I shall abide by my parents decision. For example, if my father does not like to go to some of his relatives's marriage, I shall follow suit. But I shall not even consult him about other social matters with which family is not concerned.

If your parents are confident that you are mature enough to take your decisions, its good. The clash will never arise. But, its up to the children to create that confidence in the parents. Then the parents will never in interfere with your activities. In fact every parent wishes that their children should act independently.

If your parents are confident that you are mature enough to take your decisions, its good. The clash will never arise. But, its up to the children to create that confidence in the parents. Then the parents will never in interfere with your activities. In fact every parent wishes that their children should act independently.

I believe in convincing with my view point but also accept the authority of elders in home and seniors in office. There cannot be always similarity of views. But there has to be method for deciding.

I believe in convincing with my view point but also accept the authority of elders in home and seniors in office. There cannot be always similarity of views. But there has to be method for deciding.

Opinions differ, but, solutions are also there. One can come to a decision agreeable to both by talking in an amicable atmosphere.

Opinions differ, but, solutions are also there. One can come to a decision agreeable to both by talking in an amicable atmosphere.

Consultations are held for getting at a unanimous view but when you do not arrive at a consensus, the majority view or the senior/ elder's decision prevails.

Thank you said by: suni51

Consultations are held for getting at a unanimous view but when you do not arrive at a consensus, the majority view or the senior/ elder's decision prevails.

Of course that is one way of avoiding the stalemate. This practice is widely followed from Parliaments to corporate conglomerations.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I try logically to make them understand but sometimes proved that they are right from their angle as they also give some logic.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

If some one is right than reason that parents will disagree with him, and if parents have some misunderstanding than we can convinance them easily.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.