"Thattathin Marayathu" - superhit Malayalam movie of last year gives us a lovely message.
When the movie begins it shows a Hindu boy of around 12 years enjoying an evening along with his friend in a lovely sea shore. Suddenly he sees a girl with Parda and falls in love with her parda :silly: (and of course the girl) and he prays to God that "Make that beautiful girl my wife when I grow".
When the movie ends Hindu hero meets his lover Aisha in the same sea shore and within a second shows the flash back of the commencing scene, a little bit extended.....where we see her parents calling her 'Aisha'.
So, the girl was same and God heard the promise :silly: :silly: :cheer:
The movie ends with a note, "Even if we forget our wishes God never forgets." ;) Is it true? :P

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Not true. Events happen not according to a preset program. You may interpret them as you like after occurrence. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is nice film story. This may be possible in real life also.
"Thattathin Marayathu" - superhit Malayalam movie of last year gives us a lovely message.
When the movie begins it shows a Hindu boy of around 12 years enjoying an evening along with his friend in a lovely sea shore. Suddenly he sees a girl with Parda and falls in love with her parda :silly: (and of course the girl) and he prays to God that "Make that beautiful girl my wife when I grow".
When the movie ends Hindu hero meets his lover Aisha in the same sea shore and within a second shows the flash back of the commencing scene, a little bit extended.....where we see her parents calling her 'Aisha'.
The movie ends with a note, "Even if we forget our wishes God never forgets." ;) Is it true? :P

I see some inconsistencies in the story. The very first one is, How the boy could say seeing a woman in Burqua as "Beautiful"? .Ok, lets assume god granted his wish and made Aisha his wife. What is there to say in the end,"Even if we forget our wishes God never forgets." Its another inconsistency.

I see some inconsistencies in the story. The very first one is, How the boy could say seeing a woman in Burqua as "Beautiful"? .Ok, lets assume god granted his wish and made Aisha his wife. What is there to say in the end,"Even if we forget our wishes God never forgets." Its another inconsistency.

It's just a parda.....it never covers the whole face. It's called 'Thattam' in Malayalam
The boy forgot the wish he made to God. It was the same girl. It's shown to audience, not the boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_1IT4KQbU
see the climax scene ;)

Meera sandhu

It's just a parda.....it never covers the whole face. It's called 'Thattam' in Malayalam
The boy forgot the wish he made to God. It was the same girl. It's shown to audience, not the boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfWaHmy2LKQ
see the climax scene ;)

A veil you mean? Parda means a full coverage.
just see the link...your doubt will be cleared....
parda means covering the face fully???

Meera sandhu

Parda in Urdu means, a clothing that covers the entire body and a small window for the user to view the outside world.

Parda in Urdu means, a clothing that covers the entire body and a small window for the user to view the outside world.

I just tried to translate Malayalam word 'Thattam' to Hindi ;)

Meera sandhu

I just tried to translate Malayalam word 'Thattam' to Hindi ;)

Instead of Purdah, say 'Ghoonghat. That will convey the meaning more clearly. Veil, Burqua and Purdah are same- covering the whole body. Let me explain the difference by citing two songs:
Ek raat men do do chand khile ek badli men ek ghoonghat me (Two moons appeared in one night- one in clouds and another in ghoonghat)

Parde me rahane do purdah na uthao, purdah uth gaya to bhed khul jayega (Let this be veiled. Fo not lift the veil otherwise secret will be out_

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
let us come back to the topic after the doubt clearing section.....
tell me what's your opinion?

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.