The topic is locked.
An advertising agency has come up with a series of campaigns against domestic violence using traditional hand painted Indian art of goddesses Saraswati, Durga and Lakshmi, blending with the modern photography. It won multiple awards at different festivals.
See this wonderful campaign here.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/abused-goddesses-spread-message-against-domestic-violence/420065-77.html
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The campaign is indeed imaginative. The attitude of our society is either to worship woman or to treat her as a door mat. In order to give her due status, it is necessary to treat her just as equal- neither goddess nor slave. Men have dominant position but they are not treated as 'god'. This indicates the dubious and double standards.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The campaign is indeed imaginative. The attitude of our society is either to worship woman or to treat her as a door mat. In order to give her due status, it is necessary to treat her just as equal- neither goddess nor slave. Men have dominant position but they are not treated as 'god'. This indicates the dubious and double standards.

Dubious standards is the hall mark of Indian society. Women need not be treated as a Goddess. Its enough to treat her as human being with all the respect she is entitled to. We say a woman as 'Ardhangi', means half of the body of man. She is equal in all respects with man.
Thanks for sharing the wonderful experience. When you said domestic violence, I thought you were sepaking about Om Puri and his case in the court. I think even today there are a lot of cases of domestic violence that go unreported. Women still are pretty much traditional in India.
Thanks for sharing the wonderful experience. When you said domestic violence, I thought you were sepaking about Om Puri and his case in the court. I think even today there are a lot of cases of domestic violence that go unreported. Women still are pretty much traditional in India.

You need not think. You can assertively say that there are a plethora of unreported domestic violence cases here.

Dubious standards is the hall mark of Indian society. Women need not be treated as a Goddess. Its enough to treat her as human being with all the respect she is entitled to. We say a woman as 'Ardhangi', means half of the body of man. She is equal in all respects with man.

Here also is paradox. A woman is 'ardhangani' but a man is not 'ardhangana'. This means that woman is incomplete without man but man is complete by himself.

Here also is paradox. A woman is 'ardhangani' but a man is not 'ardhangana'. This means that woman is incomplete without man but man is complete by himself.

I don't think so. Each complement the other. A woman without man and a man without a woman is not possible. When both the halves are combined a full emerges out.

I don't think so. Each complement the other. A woman without man and a man without a woman is not possible. When both the halves are combined a full emerges out.[/quote

Then why only woman is called Ardhangani' and not man her 'ardhanga'. Also why woman is considered 'devi' but man not 'devata'. I feel that you are telling what should be. But real state of attitude differs. We need to change the attitude.

You need not think. You can assertively say that there are a plethora of unreported domestic violence cases here.

That's right. There are. But the latest that I was reading and (writing about in my blog was about that film star). So that thing first cam to my mind.

That's right. There are. But the latest that I was reading and (writing about in my blog was about that film star). So that thing first cam to my mind.

The topic was about an Ad that was designed aesthetically on the theme of 'Women abuse.: Not about any specific case.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The topic was about an Ad that was designed aesthetically on the theme of 'Women abuse.: Not about any specific case.

I agree. The topic has been adequately discussed. Let us close this at this stage.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.