Cuba's revolutionary leader Fidel Castro has released his book 'The Strategic Victory', a memoir of the victory of his rebel forces against the country's dictator Fulgencio Batista in 1959.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Abid- Please also provide a link to the book written by Castro. This will enable us to understand the significance of Castro's contribution to society and the world at large.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Well i want to share something about him now

1955 -
While in Mexico he meets Fidel Castro, the Cuban revolutionary. Castro is in self-imposed exile following his early release from a prison sentence imposed after his abortive attempt to overthrow the Batista regime on 26 July 1953.

"Our first argument revolved around international politics," Guevara later writes of his first meeting with Castro. "By the small hours of that night I had become one of the future expeditionaries."
Well i am not interested in reading books neither have time...however the information is useful for me to share with other..Thanks for sharing Abid.. :)
Abid, thanks for the information!! I hope this book contains the memoirs of the days he spent with Che Guevara as well!! Che was one of my heroes!! :) :)

Sajeetharan, your post is a bit vague as you have not mentioned who it is that you have quoted! Clarify the post so that everyone knows its Che Guevara.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani- I also read Che Guevara. He wrote about the way militants should deal with people during revolutionary process. He wrote that when you have to take money from people, always give them IOU guaranteeing that money will be returned after revolution. This was mainly guidelines to gorilla fighters. But there appears nothing about the policies after successful revolution.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

THANKS FOR PROVIDING INFORMATION..........I WOULD READ IT WHENEVER I GET TIME......

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Gulshan, besically these revolutionaries are fighters. They are driven by one common goal and driven by their innate passion to achieve it, in short they look for confrontation head on. This was the major characteristic of Che Guevara. Also the reason, why he could not succeed to gain support of other insergents in countries like Congo. These countries were undergoing the same situation that was in Cuba too. Because of this, he could not maintain the power he gained during the revolution, after they succeeded in overthrowing the Batista regime.

Probably one of the reasons why they fail to formulate policies once the revolution is over. Their innate fire is extinguished with no fuel to keep it burning!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I wish i get hold of this book, its going to be real hit i think.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.