Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this question on other bookmarking websites.
It is true that iron is indeed a toxic metal and can cause several potentially dangerous conditions but ONLY when it is taken in excess. Yet, in the case of children we need not worry about giving them excess iron in the various foods, because as it is they are very active and growth rate is faster therefore their need for iron is more. Only if there is some problem or some special condition due to which the iron is not correctly processed in their body, will their be any kind of risk from iron. Apart from that, there is absolutely no need to worry about giving excessive iron to the children. In a healthy, normal child, the body will absorb and retain the only amount it needs to retain and the rest will thrown out of the body through normal bodily wastes. So don't worry too much about it, just make sure your daughter eats all the foods that you give her, freshly prepared at home, and remember, the key to everything is MODERATION!
Never i read about the deterioration of growth in children by iron.
But i found the following information from the web.
Iron is a potentially toxic heavy metal; an excess can cause cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses.
Other heavy metals, including lead and aluminum, are toxic; pans and dishes should be chosen carefully.
Iron causes cell aging.
Drinking coffee with iron rich foods can reduce iron's toxic effects.
Use shrimp and oysters, etc., to prevent the copper deficiency which leads to excess storage of iron.
Avoid food supplements which contain iron.
Take about 100 units of vitamin E daily; your vitamin E requirement increases with your iron consumption.
The article must have mentioned about the high content that is present in any substance. During the growing year of a child it is necessary to provide him with adequate nutrients for his/her growth. As long as you are moderately providing all the nutrients, it’s no harm.