IMPORTAN MINERALS FOR OUR BODY
Our body requires minerals for the function of the body as well as for keeping good health. Let us see the importance of minerals and learn a few things about them.
1. Calcium: Calcium is useful in building and maintaining bones. It also helps for normal functioning of the heart. Calcium is required in blood clotting and for the process where iron is incorporated in heaemoglobin.
Calcium is abailable in eggs, cheese, milk, beans, peas and some cereals.
2. Chlorine: Another important mineral which consists hydro chloric acid, which is required for digesion of the food. Transmission of carbon dioxide by redblood cells is helped by the chlorine.
Chlorine is contained by table salt.
3. Copper: Copper helps red blood cells to use iron. It is found in liver, leafy vegetable and grains.
4. Iodine: Proper functioning of thyroid glands can be done with the help of iodine. Shortage of iodine in body can cause enlargement of thyroid gland, which is called goitre.
Sea weeds, and Iodized table salt contain iodine.
5. Iron: The most important mineral required by our body is iron. It is essential for haemoglobin in blood cells. Iron helps in sending oxygen to the cells by blood.
Liver, green vegetables, beans, egg-yolk and cereals are the sources of iron.
6. Phosphorous: Strong bones, teeth and other body tissues are formed through the phosphorous. It is also required for contraction of muscles.
Meat, cereals, milk, etc contain phosphorous.
7. Sodium: Transmission of nerve messages and maintenance of permeability of cells is helped by the sodium.
Table salt is the source for sodium.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.