We often remember 2 October as for Mahatama Gandhi birthday but we forget the man Lal Bahadur Shashtri whose birthday is too belong to 2 October. Shashtri ji may not be as big as Gandhi ji but his work for the country too should not be forgotten. Let's remember the man who looked simple but his heart was solid like iron. 

After Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru death, Shashtri ji become the Prime minister. It was the time when country was going in crisis situation just after we had China war. But the man with strong character not only tackle all the challenges but gave us the moment of pride with his words and actions against Pakistan war in 1965. 

Let's remember the most honest Prime minister of India Lal Bahadur Shastri today. 

Regards

Jeets

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with your views ! Lal Bahadur Shastri was a simple humble man who could have probably done a lot for the nation had he lived longer.Today he is all but forgotten by the party he represented.He was probably the most sincere and honest Prime Minister the nation has had.Here is a link to an article that gives some insight into his persona 

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-5-things-you-must-know-about-former-prime-minister-lal-bahadur-shastri-2130883

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Jeets

Thanks for the informative article which has thrown light in many unknown aspects about Shastri. The story behind the birth of " Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan was interesting. Another factor is that " Shstri"  title was conferred on him by Kasi Viswa Vidyalay Shastri means Scholar.

Shastri ji's humble look spoke a lot about him. It defined his soft behaviour very clearly. Look wise he was not as dashing as the first P.M of India but that's just an outer projection. His soft look never portrayed that he was a distinguished scholar but he was so in reality.  

shampasaid

Lal Bahadur Shastri was a very simple person and his family also imbibed these values. In the Institute I did my engineering one of his sons had come to seek admission and stood quietly in line. But soon the news spread and many went to see him and appreciated the fact that he behaved like a normal person. It was India's misfortune that he passed away so soon.

That's what I call as Simplicity.Lal Bahadur Shastri passed on his property called Simplicity to his next generations too. And his family to maintained that Simplicity uninterrupted. And your example substantiates to it.

Yes,time to remember this illustrations son of India! When the mantle of the highest executive position fell upon him it was truly a baptism by fire because Pundit Nehru's charisma, his towering standing ,all creating many Doubting Thomases for Shastriji but he in his tragically brief tenure answered them all in his own unique way

Shastriji was the real son of this soil, a humble and down-to-earth gentleman who inspired many to lead a simple, honest life like him. Although we do remember his jai jawan jai kisan, sadly it is only on rare occasions and his vision has been lost. I hope it is revived and something is done about reviving the agriculture, that would be the true tribute to this great man.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

People always get carried away by charisma and when that becomes the judging point then it's unfortunate. The worst part is, those who have to prove themselves not only on the basis of work but also shine brightly despite of his timid look is always doubly taxing but can be achieved easily through self belief. Late Lal Bahadur Shastri proved his might in every way with his strong ability.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

I agree with your views ! Lal Bahadur Shastri was a simple humble man who could have probably done a lot for the nation had he lived longer.Today he is all but forgotten by the party he represented.He was probably the most sincere and honest Prime Minister the nation has had.Here is a link to an article that gives some insight into his persona 

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-5-things-you-must-know-about-former-prime-minister-lal-bahadur-shastri-2130883

Yes today is birthday of Shastri ji, all nation is paying homage to him. For his party congress only person whose sar name is Gandhi is important. They also know that we cannot secure vote with Shastri name. Shastri is also know for Shastri fast. Whole nation keep fast on call of Shastri Ji. His death is also a mystery.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes today is birthday of Shastri ji, all nation is paying homage to him. For his party congress only person whose sar name is Gandhi is important. They also know that we cannot secure vote with Shastri name. Shastri is also know for Shastri fast. Whole nation keep fast on call of Shastri Ji. His death is also a mystery.

When he had been to Tashkent after 1965 Indo - Pak war, in Tashkent shastriji died under mysterious conditions. Additionally during 1965 India was facing severe food shortage, It was then Shastriji realized the importance of food shortage, he asked the Nation to observe fast for a day.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.