More so among the teenagers and college students. I have come across of so many cases where the person affected by depression suddenly changes his/her behavioral pattern, becomes an introvert and eve suicidal at times. Recently , a degree student became so depressed that she would start crying and sobbing at the slightest reason and it took a few months to get her back t being normal..there are reasons which include hormonal changes, lifestyle,peer pressure and so on,,,please share your own views 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That is true Usha, people are more depressed now than ever. I guess it is the current lifestyle, and more than anything else, social media that is behind this. Because of the social media, people are trying harder to appear more successful, more better looking, more hip and sophisticated all the time than their friends or neighbours. It is this pressure to be always successful that is making people depressed.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen, suni51, usha manohar

What is the sign of depression?   Let us see if some of us here also feeling depressed. One sign is that any one who has stopped or  less coming to forum might be depressed!  Depression may be for want of success or old age. pray

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51, usha manohar, Shampa Sadhya

I think the reason behind our depression is the electronic media which supplies so much repeat negative news which makes us feel that the life is hack and there is no hope left. I suggest watch the news once or twice a day and save yourself from constant trash that's been filled in your mind.beers Jokes apart, the world around us needs a better activities that would help us stay free of stresses. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

It is a combination of different factors that have unfortunately come together in this past decade or two to make life very stressful . There is a lot of importance given to frivolous matters that don't add quality to life but somehow of late seems to have taken center stage in our lives. Once an individual is able to identify his or her own life goals with clarity and in a practical manner it becomes easy to remain focused .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I don't know the reason but I assume that present generation has become very self centered. Basically, we are responsible for such attitude of theirs. We are neither showing them any dream for the future nor inspiring them to achieve it. Literally, well to do seniors are making everything easily available for their kids and these kids have unending requirements. When all demands are fulfilled then they are happy or else depressed. Another section of youngsters whose parents can't afford they develop inferiority complex and thus, the cycle of depression starts rolling. 

shampasaid

Depression in teens & adolescent age comes as the dreams & reality do not match, their expectations & direction go in different directions & hence it is an important phase where the child should be monitored carefully by regular interaction & knowing about their well being, their actions. It is important to know that the child is going in right direction & has some goal or dream in his mind & is working to fulfill such dream. We should assist them in the best possible way & make them realise their weaknesses & strengths so that they can work accordingly to fulfill their goal/dream.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Deficiency of vitamin B12 can also cause depression.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.