Schizophrenia is a dangerous disease. The patient believes in the make believe world of his own. He believes in his hallucinations. One man claimed that he was C.I.A. agent. Later, it was revealed that he suffered from the disease. This disease can be cured if detected early.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/health/diseases/schizophrenia-is-treatable-needs-early-diagnosis_22941.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Schizophrenia is a dangerous disease. The patient believes in the make believe world of his own. He believes in his hallucinations. One man claimed that he was C.I.A. agent. Later, it was revealed that he suffered from the disease. This disease can be cured if detected early.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/health/diseases/schizophrenia-is-treatable-needs-early-diagnosis_22941.html

Yes thats right, it can be cured in early stages and that too by a highly trained psycho therapist. When I was studying my degree Psychology was one of my subjects and we used to visit the Kidwai indtitute of mental sciences.One of the patients there was a schizofranic who had been abandoned by his family and even the doctors as a case that cannot be cured.He had a fall once and later started showing signs of recovery, and apparently he was sent home after a few months !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Schizophrenia in mild dose may enable one to write good story. But there should be moments when the patient is aware of his sickness.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes thats right, it can be cured in early stages and that too by a highly trained psycho therapist. When I was studying my degree Psychology was one of my subjects and we used to visit the Kidwai indtitute of mental sciences.One of the patients there was a schizofranic who had been abandoned by his family and even the doctors as a case that cannot be cured.He had a fall once and later started showing signs of recovery, and apparently he was sent home after a few months !

Also, In India, mental illnesses are still considered as social stigma and in many instances, are considered as being the curses of Gods and that ignorance leads to the cases going far out of hand making them incurable. There is also a marked lack of awareness where specially schizophrenia is concerned.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Also, In India, mental illnesses are still considered as social stigma and in many instances, are considered as being the curses of Gods and that ignorance leads to the cases going far out of hand making them incurable. There is also a marked lack of awareness where specially schizophrenia is concerned.

Very true,most people tend to treat mentally ill patients as jokes and feel that they can do what they want with them. In Bangalore a woman who was mentally imbalnced and abandoned by her family was wandering the streets sleeping on the footpath, was found half dead one morning after she was gang raped and beaten up probablly when she put up resistance. She was admitted to the hospital but later died...such is the kind of society we have where people are utterly selfish and insensitive where other people and their needs and feelings are concerned !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

zeenews.india.com/news/health/diseases/s...diagnosis_22941.html

Very true,most people tend to treat mentally ill patients as jokes and feel that they can do what they want with them. In Bangalore a woman who was mentally imbalnced and abandoned by her family was wandering the streets sleeping on the footpath, was found half dead one morning after she was gang raped and beaten up probablly when she put up resistance. She was admitted to the hospital but later died...such is the kind of society we have where people are utterly selfish and insensitive where other people and their needs and feelings are concerned ![/quote]

Oh my! That is so sad! We see so many homeless and derelict people around in cities and women in most of such cases are mentally imbalanced, no doubt due to the various atrocities and acts of violence against them have made them mentally stable. But instead of helping them, this what happens! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.