Is it worthwhile to spend time and money on higher degree instead of enhancing skill and working more sincerely in current job. What are the options. Views differ. For more discussion read on:

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/photos/is-it-worth-it-to-get-a-master-s-degree-slideshow/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It depends on the individual's interest. Most of the middle class students wont opt for master degree education, they just want to finish a degree and earn.
It depends on the individual's interest. Most of the middle class students wont opt for master degree education, they just want to finish a degree and earn.

Getting postgraduate when you are yet unemployed differs from getting such qualification when you are already employed. If you are already employed, you may have to spend more time on education than on actual working. This creates more complications.

Getting postgraduate when you are yet unemployed differs from getting such qualification when you are already employed. If you are already employed, you may have to spend more time on education than on actual working. This creates more complications.

Here is my own experience. When I applied to the post of a Visualiser in an Advertising agency, I was disheartened to see my competitors were Masters in Applied arts. I was sure my chances of selection were remote. My only plus point was I had a rich experience in the same field as the agency wanted.
After a few days of nerve racking suspense, I was informed by the Advertising agency that I have been selected. Experience and expertise in my own field paid me, not the Master’s degree.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Here is my own experience. When I applied to the post of a Visualiser in an Advertising agency, I was disheartened to see my competitors were Masters in Applied arts. I was sure my chances of selection were remote. My only plus point was I had a rich experience in the same field as the agency wanted.
After a few days of nerve racking suspense, I was informed by the Advertising agency that I have been selected. Experience and expertise in my own field paid me, not the Master’s degree.

It is okay to get higher qualification but that should not be at cost of experience in current job. Your personal experience is really worth notice by all.

It is okay to get higher qualification but that should not be at cost of experience in current job. Your personal experience is really worth notice by all.

Never in my career I was lured by any educational qualification that's not connected with my existing job and its related experience.
The link you gave in the thread clearly lays stress on experience.
My experience given above made my belief and faith in experience still stronger.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

At present it is not possible to earn with degree. One can get job with degree to stay they only experience will work. Once one person said me Paisa Kam Ko Milta Hai Cherey Ko Nahi

Never in my career I was lured by any educational qualification that's not connected with my existing job and its related experience.
My experience given above made my belief and faith in experience still stronger.

An experienced hand will be handy in boosting an organization’s productivity from the day one. Where as Raw hands with a string of degrees need a training that makes them ready to face the ever changing challenges in the business arena. This involves a huge expenditure for the organization. HRD experts started realizing the worth of ‘experience.’

An experienced hand will be handy in boosting an organization’s productivity from the day one. Where as Raw hands with a string of degrees need a training that makes them ready to face the ever changing challenges in the business arena. This involves a huge expenditure for the organization. HRD experts started realizing the worth of ‘experience.’

Experience is more paying. In a number of factories at Agra, the qualified chartered accountants are getting less than the experienced ones who are in superior position.

Both are necessary, a good degree in related field plus good practical knowledge of the work makes one perfect choice of a good job. Perfection in a particular field works but does not qualify you to right kind of job posts in our country.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.