The U.S. scientists are researching brain transplantation, which will restore memory.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/science/Soon-a-brain-implant-to-help-restore-memories/articleshow/38104805.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) said, the work represents a major scientific leap forward, but experts said many hurdles remain before it can be shown to work in people
Anyhow i feel a starting has been done that kindles hope in the Brain damaged people.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) said, the work represents a major scientific leap forward, but experts said many hurdles remain before it can be shown to work in people
Anyhow i feel a starting has been done that kindles hope in the Brain damaged people.

It is only a matter of time before it becomes a reality. The longevity of human beings can be increased by such organ transplants and other scientific breakthroughs of which we unaware at the moment.

It is only a matter of time before it becomes a reality. The longevity of human beings can be increased by such organ transplants and other scientific breakthroughs of which we unaware at the moment.

Yes. Over a period the Brain transplantation will be available to all. It may be available in the beginning in a few countries. But ultimately, this will be available to all. It happened in the first heart transplantation years ago. Now it's available to all.
Hun, brain transplant, new to me, brain is complex and if it is performed beyond doubt it will be a huge success. :whistle: :whistle: still am doubtful for it but hope is there.

http://mohanmekap.com/

When another person's brain is transplanted will the receiver become another person or remain himself?
This reminds me of movie -"Dil ne jise apna kaha".... where a heart transplant changed the feeling a the heroine in the movie for the hero.

Anyway, as per the link, if this really takes place...it is going to be a major breakthrough in science and in humanity.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

It's like Heart trans plantation. The person who received a new heart will lead a healthy life while remaining as his original self. Brain transplantation is not an exception.Original person will remain as original.
It's like Heart trans plantation. The person who received a new heart will lead a healthy life while remaining as his original self. Brain transplantation is not an exception.Original person will remain as original.

The heart is like a mechanical pump but brain has memory. Will the new transplanted brain get the original memory of the person or it will start fresh.
The research findings are not clear saying that it's in the initial stage.
Brain transplant will open many new avenues for research on this going forward -whether memory of the donor will be retained or not?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.