Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Its not surprising that foie grass and genetically modified food stuffs are banned but I was quite surprised to read that even ketchup is banned in France. I had always imagined it to be a harmless condiments and loved using it. So, It came quite a shock to know that it is rather an unhealthy food items.

Jabeen, ketchup is banned in France not because it is considered harmful, but because it signifies fast food culture which is looked upon as inferior in France. The French, as we know, are food lovers to the core and are totally into gourmet cooking. They believe in extremely high standards of food quality, freshness,, taste etc. and work very hard to cook fresh and elaborate meals. Ketchup conflicts with this philosophy and is a gift given by the US. Hence the ban on it!

That make sense!! Fast food culture certainly needs to be discouraged. It would be a welcome move if the Government of India take similar step to ban serving of fast foods within the school premises.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Its not surprising that foie grass and genetically modified food stuffs are banned but I was quite surprised to read that even ketchup is banned in France. I had always imagined it to be a harmless condiments and loved using it. So, It came quite a shock to know that it is rather an unhealthy food items.

Jabeen, ketchup is banned in France not because it is considered harmful, but because it signifies fast food culture which is looked upon as inferior in France. The French, as we know, are food lovers to the core and are totally into gourmet cooking. They believe in extremely high standards of food quality, freshness,, taste etc. and work very hard to cook fresh and elaborate meals. Ketchup conflicts with this philosophy and is a gift given by the US. Hence the ban on it!

That make sense!! Fast food culture certainly needs to be discouraged. It would be a welcome move if the Government of India take similar step to ban serving of fast foods within the school premises.

Exactly! But then the French are extremely proud of their culture and food while we are not! Our people believe in the standards set by US even if they might be poor and therefore, people with any say and money follow the fast food trend. In US, believe it or not, fast food is originally, designed for poor people who cannot afford to buy fresh fruits, veggies, meat etc. while in our country fast food is for the ones with money!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

While agreeing what you said above, I would like to say Fast food culture should be wiped out everywhere, not just in the school premises. This menace of Junk food is playing spoil sport in the health sphere of all

While agreeing what you said above, I would like to say Fast food culture should be wiped out everywhere, not just in the school premises. This menace of Junk food is playing spoil sport in the health sphere of all

Yes, if fast food be banned in all the places..we wouldn't have the option of buying it or craving for it..will do good for our future generations to come.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, if fast food be banned in all the places..we wouldn't have the option of buying it or craving for it..will do good for our future generations to come.

It should be banned every where. But any habit started and followed at childhood will last forever. In that point of view, if it is banned in schools first and imparting them about the hazards of fast foods, children will start accepting that and they will slowly reduce that habit.

Without an iota of doubt, the future generation is going to the beneficiaries. What a future generation ridden with diseases can do the Nation. Eliminating Junk food from the scenario is the immediate necessity. before the Nation today
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.