Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Just yesterday new iphone launched at US. The iPhone 6. :D And long line of people were waiting outside the building to purchase it at its launching event.

The expected Indian price is 52000 to 70000 as per device feature. And still its sooooo popular.

Yes. I know about the people are falling in queues. It's the height of craziness.

Crazy is not suitable word here...as the thread title says..these people have so much money that they fail to understand how to use it and hence end up buying useless gadgets.

True...but there are also people who are not very rich but just for the sake of keeping up with the current trends, would even beg, borrow and steal to own such latest gadgets. And the number of such people, especially the young is very significant!

Yes, this is another aspect i missed out. These people..this lot can be labeled as crazy...borrowing and stealing for showing off is foolish and sick.

This class is on the raise in the society. A friend took al loan from me to celebrate his son's birthday in a posh hotel and invited me too. I was stunned at his craze to show off his status. This is the class who will not hesitate to go for a loan to show his newly bought gadget.
Just yesterday new iphone launched at US. The iPhone 6. :D And long line of people were waiting outside the building to purchase it at its launching event.

The expected Indian price is 52000 to 70000 as per device feature. And still its sooooo popular.

Yes. I know about the people are falling in queues. It's the height of craziness.

Crazy is not suitable word here...as the thread title says..these people have so much money that they fail to understand how to use it and hence end up buying useless gadgets.

True...but there are also people who are not very rich but just for the sake of keeping up with the current trends, would even beg, borrow and steal to own such latest gadgets. And the number of such people, especially the young is very significant!

Yes, this is another aspect i missed out. These people..this lot can be labeled as crazy...borrowing and stealing for showing off is foolish and sick.

This class is on the raise in the society. A friend took al loan from me to celebrate his son's birthday in a posh hotel and invited me too. I was stunned at his craze to show off his status. This is the class who will not hesitate to go for a loan to show his newly bought gadget.

Yes, holding lavish b'day parties, giving out return gifts, has become quite common...but anybody is free to do it..but of course..not by taking loan..what is the point of showing off..when one doesn't have the resources. Personally, I don't like such b'day parties it is not out of love for the kid,,but more out of showing off.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, holding lavish b'day parties, giving out return gifts, has become quite common...but anybody is free to do it..but of course..not by taking loan..what is the point of showing off..when one doesn't have the resources. Personally, I don't like such b'day parties it is not out of love for the kid,,but more out of showing off.

That exactly is my view. Be what you are and stay within your limits.

Yes, there are few people I know..one of them earns well..but then he spends so much that at the end he had to go hide somewhere and change his cell phone numbers often..etc to escape from the credit card companies.

Yes, there are few people I know..one of them earns well..but then he spends so much that at the end he had to go hide somewhere and change his cell phone numbers often..etc to escape from the credit card companies.

Poor souls !!!. I pity those who go for extravagance and dig their own grave.

Poor soul...who forgot the old proverb..cut your coat according to your cloth..

Poor souls...who forgot the old proverb..cut your coat according to your cloth..

Exactly. our elders framed such proverbs only to see they are adhered to

For such people, false notions of prestige is more important than their real financial status and security. If you really look around, you will find that this nature of showing off is actually very prevalent in our society.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

For such people, false notions of prestige is more important than their real financial status and security. If you really look around, you will find that this nature of showing off is actually very prevalent in our society.[/quote

True. The notion of false prestige and false values are deeply rooted in to our society.Honor killings are an example

For such people, false notions of prestige is more important than their real financial status and security. If you really look around, you will find that this nature of showing off is actually very prevalent in our society.

Yes, this has been there always..but on the rise even more. Camouflaging financial incompetence or lack of it by borrowing was there in the past as well..and is still continuing.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.