Beware. Mosquito coils and incense sticks used for Puja in many Indian families are dangerous. Read on

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/health/mosquito-coils-incense-sticks-contain-carcinogens-says-expert/article6686633.ece

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Mosquito coils and repellents have been harmful and is not new but was not aware that the incense sticks are harmful too. We light incense sticks for every pious occasion, so now we have to be careful about its use and may have to forgo it completely.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes. Even incense stics' smoke is harmful say the health experts. Those who are immersed in Pujas for hours inhaling the incense smoke, should be cautious.

If the coil kill mosquitoes means it indirectly tells that it will make harm to the mankind also. Most of the people using deodorants and incense stick with high perfume level. In my area lot of neem trees are there. Weekly once i pick the neem leaves and dry it in sun and make it powder and using it to escape from the bite of mosquitoes. Actually liquids are not killing mosquitoes we are wasting our money spending towards it. All-out including us.

Thank you said by: rambabu

If the coil kill mosquitoes means it indirectly tells that it will make harm to the mankind also. Most of the people using deodorants and incense stick with high perfume level. In my area lot of neem trees are there. Weekly once i pick the neem leaves and dry it in sun and make it powder and using it to escape from the bite of mosquitoes. Actually liquids are not killing mosquitoes we are wasting our money spending towards it. All-out including us.

Really good method to stop mosquito bite. Neem is an excellent germ killer.

Really good method to stop mosquito bite. Neem is an excellent germ killer.

True..liquid mosquito repellents have no effect on mosquitoes..now the goodnight paper mosquito repellent is working ...probably because it is new and mosquitoes have not devised a shield against it :) :)..but yes neem powder and neem leaves works and helps to keep mosquitoes away.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

My mixing minced garlic ,mineral oil and  lemon juice an effective mosquito repellant can be made in the home itself.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.