Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Interesting. I'm curious to hear, how a bird tweets after drinking alcohol.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Sometimes I feel researchers have nothing better to do and indulge in anything in the name of research. Although interesting but not sure how it can be of any use to us humans or birds for that matter.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Unfair to researchers. Allthings that are researched may not be useful to all. If it's not useful for you, don't think that there are no takers for such researches. You may not be knowing, how many others are waiting with bated breath to hear the findings ofsuch researches.

May be there are people who are interested to study the behavior of drunkenness of different species like animals and birds.  But I think we are doing cruelty by intoxicating them, even if it is for experiment purpose. Let the birds fly through the sky and enjoy the freedom with clear head.  

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh

Cool discovery! As if there weren't enough humans on this earth that didn't slur, now we need to find birds that become eqauly tipsy upon drinking! HA HA HA. On another note, long long ago, I saw a great movie called The Beautiful People, it was about the animals in African Savannah, There is a scene where an elephant shakes a tree with fruits which are intoxicating in nature. All the animals and the birds eat the fruits fallen from the tree and they all get drunk. It was totally freaking out comedy! I must add that the animals were truly wild and not trained and the movie was all filmed by planting camouflage cameras!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

May be there are people who are interested to study the behavior of drunkenness of different species like animals and birds.  But I think we are doing cruelty by intoxicating them, even if it is for experiment purpose. Let the birds fly through the sky and enjoy the freedom with clear head.  

Exactly, in the name of some research, animals and birds are being subjected to cruelty. Next day we would hear stray dogs have been intoxicated to observe how they behave and so on. Just because these animals and birds can't speak human language, humans get the authority to do anything they want.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

There is a ban now on the experiments conducted on birds and animals. Seeing the nature of the experiment, the authorities sanction permission to conduct the experiment.

Already the birds and animal strength is reducing and man killing it for his food. If researchers do like this how it will suffer they did not realize it. They should give respect to the animals and their living environment. Animals never disturb people but on the other side people and researchers using them for their experiment and enjoyment purpose.

True. I understand the importance of animals and birds in maintaining environmental balance. In this case birds are not killed. Such experiments are harmless intended for proving a scientific aspect.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.