We are taking care in our pet animals like dog. Jallikattu is a famous traditional bull taming sport. I didn't like any sports which gives cruelty as a result to animals. If men wants to show their brave there are lot of  things to do in this modern world. I want to know your opinion on this issue.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/efforts-on-to-conduct-jallikattu-says-cm/article6776542.ece?homepage=true&ref=tpnews

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Jallikuttu like Cock fights in AP is a cruel game. They show the sadistic attitude of revelling at the dying animals prevalent in humans. I don't like such games.

Yes, this game is prevalent in other parts of India as well, esp North and is a cruel game at that. Since, we can not decipher animal language, we choose to torture them in every way possible.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Sounds similar to bullock cart races in Maharashtra! There will always be divided opinions on the issue of using animals for entertain, not only in India but every where in the world, people have used animals to amuse themselves, such as the Bull run and bull fighting in Spain.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Such amusement derived out of a poor animal's suffering is inhuman. In AP, THE case against banning cock fights is in the Apex court. Today the verdict is supposed to come.

I am oppsed to cruelty against animals. Animals have as much right to peaceful and happy life as we. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I am oppsed to cruelty against animals. Animals have as much right to peaceful and happy life as we. 

True. Of late Animal Rights Commission is intervening and stopping this inhuman amusement.

It is a cruel game where the helpless dumb animals are tortured like anything.  Already banned by Supreme Court, I don’t understand why TN government is trying to bring it back.

A similar game known as cock fights generally held during Sankranti in AP. this is not only a cruel game, it's a big gambling game, where in the bets are in the range of lakhs of rupees. Right now, civilized people filed a case against it to ban the cruel game. The verdict is supposed to be delivered by Supreme court today.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.