Inter-cast marriages are happening in day to day life. If a person shows real love to women then they can marry each other. I don't agree that by giving money,certificate will increase intercast marriage. Some people will marry for the sake of money and don't care about the women after that. Instead of giving money govt can provide employment opportunists to the people so that they can live their life without depending on others. Please share your opinion. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/meerut/UP-to-gift-couples-in-intercaste-marriages-Rs-50000-medal-and-certificate/articleshow/46046914.cms

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

On one hand there is a hue and cry over caste-ism and on the other hand people of the so called lower caste do not want to forgo the benefits that they get, people even get married for money that they get being born to a so called low caste. Nice!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Most of the inter-cast marriages are happening without the permission of the parents. Politicians and govt only encourage it but if an ordinary women wants to marry political person son they will never do it. So many people are suffering after inter-cast marriage because their parents are not supporting them after their marriage. women did not get moral support from her family. Some parents accept them after their daughter become as a mother to a child.

Before thinking about inter caste marriages and those who believe that inter caste marriages are not good, they should think about that vegetable vendor from whom they are buying the vegetables. They should think about their maid who comes and cleans their homes.

Caste is created by man . And it should be driven away and whatever measures are being taken by the governments should be supported and encouraged.

If the govt. wants to eradicate casteism it should not give medals or certificates, it is nothing but acting as a bribe. Without getting these if one marries a person of so called low caste then it is fine otherwise it is because of the benefits such as jobs etc which make people marry people of a different caste. 

There are a number of cases even in the families of earlier generation who brushed away caste aspect. Latest is my own sis in law whose marriage I performed in a registrar's office with a Bengali.

rambabu wrote:

There are a number of cases even in the families of earlier generation who brushed away caste aspect. Latest is my own sis in law whose marriage I performed in a registrar's office with a Bengali.

That's a good thing to know. People are slowly accepting and brushing off caste issues.

But people who are sticking to those meaningless beliefs are more. Still, a beginning has been made by the non believers. Change is imminent.

It might take some more days, months or may be years...but the caste difference will narrow down.

This is all sheer stupidity! Instead of focusing on marriages and caste issues, it will be better instead to focus more on education and righting the horribly skewed girl to boy ratios in the country, that is, fight against female infanticides. Create more employment opportunities and sustained development instead of doling out money in such a manner which will only increase undesirable marriage knots being tied. Who knows, a trade of forcing girls into marrying outside caste will flourish from this!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well said Kalyani. The most vital and important issues plaguing this country are kept in The deep fridge. They are to be addressed first Instesd of Bonuses, boons and other Bonanzas for an intercaste marriage .

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.