The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:Either way one cannot change history, one can only talk and discuss about it and no matter what fundamentalists say the fact remains that Tajmahal is a precious monument that belongs to the entire nation and we need to preserve it and it safe from the greedy politicians like Mayawati and Mulayam Singh and company..

Taj Mahal and some other monuments at Agra are in fact international heritage. Taj Mahal is among seven wonders. There is no doubt. It is no use taking the building as Hindu building or as Waqf property.  The building belongs to all. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Taj Mahal is one of the distinguished identities of India in the world tourist map and is considered as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, attracting millions of tourists. It belongs to India and hence to all Indians, irrespective of the controversy whether there was a Hindu temple in its place or who constructed it. Instead of making it a political battlefield or a religious weapon, and tearing it by the Hindu Muslim sentiments, it is the duty of Indian government to protect this monument as a national property.  

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Good to know that many in the forum are agreed to let the Taj survive !!

The Taj should survive by all means. It earns a lot of revenue to the ITDC. NOBODY suggested this monument to be demolished . Rather regular precautions are being taken to preserve its original color which is under the threat of industrial pollution.

There is no doubt that the Taj was a Hindu temple. In fact if you go to the Taj now the guide explains that it was a Hindu palace temple but the Shahen Shah( Mughul emperor) took it by right. These are just facts now as almost all Muslim mosques were built on hindu temples( even the Chisti Mosque ) at Fatehpur Sikri. The fact is Hindus were a vanquished and defeated race and this was inevitable.

Was it a palace or a large palatial house or a temple is still not accurately established. Every group can milk it the way they want to do so.Also pl remember India then was not te India of today in terms of geography. It was thousands of kingdoms whose kings were weak and most of them enjoyed life and hardly spent on defence of their territories. Such kingdoms were sitting ducks for foreign invaders. The whole energy of higher castes was to mercilessly exploit lower castes irrespective of who is the ruler Hindu,Muslim or Christian. Today also our energy is spent in discussing mundane issues of the past. We are still not interested in cleansing our own weaknesses in our religion but keep blaming others. Usually such posts are ignored by members as tese are perhaps inconvenient to discuss.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
vijay wrote:

Was it a palace or a large palatial house or a temple is still not accurately established. Every group can milk it the way they want to do so.Also pl remember India then was not te India of today in terms of geography. It was thousands of kingdoms whose kings were weak and most of them enjoyed life and hardly spent on defence of their territories. Such kingdoms were sitting ducks for foreign invaders. The whole energy of higher castes was to mercilessly exploit lower castes irrespective of who is the ruler Hindu,Muslim or Christian. Today also our energy is spent in discussing mundane issues of the past. We are still not interested in cleansing our own weaknesses in our religion but keep blaming others. Usually such posts are ignored by members as tese are perhaps inconvenient to discuss.

I agree on this point, there is no use wasting on such controversial issues which ultimately turned into useless debates. Isn't it the same our politicians also wasting their time pulling each others' legs without doing anything positive? In fact, I have started to believe we shall reach nowhere if the trend goes on.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is mischievous, unwarranted, illogical to pander to atavistic urges and promote ideas which would make this land no better than what we have been witness to in certain parts of the world. Taj is part of global civilizational heritage and transcends all narrow interpretation of history. Ergo, it is a sterile subject to debate over, it won't take us anywhere!

I suggest we should not bring such topics to forums which in fact have no discussion values whatsoever.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I suggest we should not bring such topics to forums which in fact have no discussion values whatsoever.

It makes necessary to discuss such items as are brought in public domain. The very fact that many prominent members including Chinmoy have contributed suffices to prove the relevance of discussion. 

However, now we may close the discussion. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.