In the era of digitization, what is your preference- E Books or paper books. Personally, I find Ebooks more convenient.  It is easier to bookmark and search relevant information in E books. You also save lot of space that paper book libraries need.  

https://in.news.yahoo.com/paper-books-e-books-answering-104827478.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I use both E Books and paper books. Each has it own advantages and disadvantages. For E Books, one has to have a computer and other paraphernalia. Whereas  Paper books are readily available for a price which I use for my Library. Additionally E Books are strain to the eyes. Anyhow its a question of convenience and comfort.

Personally I prefer the paper books in paperback or hardcover form. The pleasure of having a book in hand, turning the real pages ,reading the back of the cover, putting it in the shelf with the collection and even choosing it from the library or book store can not be compared with any Kindle or E Book reader. Having said that, I am not rigid, if I get a good e book easily, I read it. kindle is good as it does not cause strain to the eyes. Tab or I pad are strenuous. Advantage of E books is that cheaper ones are available easily online and they reach you immediately, one can exchange with friends online as well. 

As I said earlier both E Books and paper books have their own share of advantages and disadvantages. I use E Books through my IPad  while watching my TV at home. But while I'm on tour I certainly prefer Paper books.

Surprisingly it is reported that paper books are making a comeback in USA. The feel of handling a paper book cannot be matched by reading a ebook on a pad.

So true Paper books will retain their places despite technological advance.

rambabu wrote:

I use both E Books and paper books. Each has it own advantages and disadvantages. For E Books, one has to have a computer and other paraphernalia. Whereas  Paper books are readily available for a price which I use for my Library. Additionally E Books are strain to the eyes. Anyhow its a question of convenience and comfort.

I am agree with you. Reading paper book is more convenient. I don't if some one read E books author will get some money, but it we read paper book authors will get some royalty for publishers.

Paper books are good to read.  It is okay to read stories, novels etc. in paper books. But when you need reference, the E books are very convenient. It is possible to link any reference i very little time.  What you would searchin paper books even indays, electronic library makespossiblein a few minutes.  I need referece to legal cases on central excise. I have paper periodicals and also E library.  I can trace any number of cases on a particular topic quickly in minutes or hours whereas it would require even days or say months to locate releevant decisionin paper books scattered over so many volumes. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am agree with you. Reading paper book is more convenient. I don't if some one read E books author will get some money, but it we read paper book authors will get some royalty for publishers.

E Books may be convenient for some. But most people prefer Paper backs. They can be read while traveling or while standing in a serpentine Queue.In my view nothing can replace a printed Book.

Even my preference is also E-book. It is very easy to read E book instead of paper books. For additional information we can immediately browse and search. 

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

sarala wrote:

Even my preference is also E-book. It is very easy to read E book instead of paper books. For additional information we can immediately browse and search.

But how many peoples can read E-Book. We can buy and read paper books with small amount but to read E-Book some one have to spend big amount. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.