Standing at least for one quarter of your Day can rescue themselves from Obesity.

http://food.ndtv.com/health/stand-your-way-to-reducing-the-odds-of-obesity-1239952

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I need to try this method. Though this method is free of hassle, it needs patience to keep on standing for such a long period of time.

shampasaid

True. This is an effective way of treating obesity. Simplest way that can be followed is Standing and working on a conveniently suitable high table for about 20 to 25 minutes.

The study is just a data analysis based on the lifestyle of different people.  It has not provided any scientific basis why standing reduces obesity.  

Of course the study is just data analysis. But the link says, a study was conducted by Clinicians and Public practitioners and the paper was written by Karem Shuval, director of physical activity Research for the American Cancer Society and his colleagues.

However, one can give it a try.

rambabu wrote:

Of course the study is just data analysis. But the link says, a study was conducted by Clinicians and Public practitioners and the paper was written by Karem Shuval, director of physical activity Research for the American Cancer Society and his colleagues.

Yes I also read it if some stand up 6 hours in a day, it is helpful in reducing weight. Standing posture is it self a exercise, it is also helpful in curing spine problems.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes I also read it if some stand up 6 hours in a day, it is helpful in reducing weight. Standing posture is it self a exercise, it is also helpful in curing spine problems.

Exactly. It's not mandatory to  stand for six hours, continuously, one  can break the gap after every three hours. This works effectively without much expenses.

I dont need to try , since I have to do it every day much more than the required time...35 minutes in each period ! Thankfully after two periods I have a free period. I am not obese, so no worries !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I need to find out how to stand and work on my computer. Otherwise, I am standing while doing my household chores but my time spent on computer has to be designed in such a manner so that I can stand and work.

shampasaid

While working on your computer while standing and performing your household chores will lead to disruption of your focus and attention. You can neither perform your computer work or your household chores perfectly. Multi tasking is not advisable

Obesity can be controlled by keeping a check on our diet and by exercising regularly. If nothing else brisk walking helps, also I have seen drinking water helps to keep a check on weight. By drinking water half an hour before having any meal helps us to consume less, hence we should practice to have small portions of food at regular intervals.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.