I visited supermarket-Dmart yesterday and I saw 2 European ladies buying some stuff there. I was disturbed to see that people were trying to peep what they were interested in buying and what they were up to. Random people started smiling and staring at them and I could feel that they were uncomfortable. When I was exiting the supermarket, there was a European well dressed white guy maybe waiting for cab or something and here was an Indian girl trying to get uncomfortably close to that guy even though it was a busy day. I have noticed that majority of Indian people are very obsessed with white skin and fail to understand that they are just human beings like us and need some space . What are your thoughts ?

Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    Yes it is right that choice of Indian is fair or which complexion. Some one is beautiful or not we decide it with color. Here dark complexion is curse. 


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    If Indian people stop this fan following for white skin people and try care for fellow Indians, India will become a wonderful place to live.

  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    In places like Goa , the shop keepers and even the inn keepers overlook their own countrymen when foreigners are around . That's the reason why Russian immigrants who have come and settled there in large numbers call the shots and even look down on us Indians. We are one of he most color conscious and racist nation in the world ...


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, arjun sai, suni51

  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    In places like Goa , the shop keepers and even the inn keepers overlook their own countrymen when foreigners are around . That's the reason why Russian immigrants who have come and settled there in large numbers call the shots and even look down on us Indians. We are one of he most color conscious and racist nation in the world ...

    White color is reason but shop keepers give more attention to foreigners because they can earn much more from them, than Indians.


  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    Indians are obsessed with white color. Its natural as even the scriptures extoll the value and beauty of fairness. The obsession for the fair skin is much more in South India where the hue is darker than north and Kashmir. The MD of one of the fairness cream companies told me that "fair and lovely" sells more in Tamil Nadu than coca cola. In retrospect, the desire for fairness is natural as the image of gods in all religions is fairness, but I will say teh obsession with a fair color is much more in India and Pakistan. No wonder Africans are discriminated in Delhi


  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    anil wrote:

    Yes it is right that choice of Indian is fair or which complexion. Some one is beautiful or not we decide it with color. Here dark complexion is curse. 

    Can't blame this ethos creeping into the minds of Indians as even our scriptures and tales of women extoll fairness ( milky white) as a stamp of beauty.


  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    In places like Goa , the shop keepers and even the inn keepers overlook their own countrymen when foreigners are around . That's the reason why Russian immigrants who have come and settled there in large numbers call the shots and even look down on us Indians. We are one of he most color conscious and racist nation in the world ...

    In Goa the reverence for teh fair-skinned foreigner is also for more money and the chance of easy liaison with white girls.


  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    MG Singh wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    In places like Goa , the shop keepers and even the inn keepers overlook their own countrymen when foreigners are around . That's the reason why Russian immigrants who have come and settled there in large numbers call the shots and even look down on us Indians. We are one of he most color conscious and racist nation in the world ...

    In Goa the reverence for teh fair-skinned foreigner is also for more money and the chance of easy liaison with white girls.

    I agree but what most Indians dont realise is that most of the tourists from the western countries come from middle class families and are careful about money. I have seen some of them haggling even worse than Indians with street side vendors ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    MG Singh wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    In places like Goa , the shop keepers and even the inn keepers overlook their own countrymen when foreigners are around . That's the reason why Russian immigrants who have come and settled there in large numbers call the shots and even look down on us Indians. We are one of he most color conscious and racist nation in the world ...

    In Goa the reverence for teh fair-skinned foreigner is also for more money and the chance of easy liaison with white girls.

    I agree but what most Indians dont realise is that most of the tourists from the western countries come from middle class families and are careful about money. I have seen some of them haggling even worse than Indians with street side vendors ..

    Good point made. After my pre-mature retirement, I took over for some time as the Director of the Renaissance Resort in Goa. Most(90%) of teh persons ( whites) staying in the resort were from East Europe and from professions like miners, janitors, cleaners etc. They were very careful with money as they were not rich.


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

  • Re: Indian people's obsession with white skin

    by » 3 weeks ago


    MG Singh wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:
    MG Singh wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    In places like Goa , the shop keepers and even the inn keepers overlook their own countrymen when foreigners are around . That's the reason why Russian immigrants who have come and settled there in large numbers call the shots and even look down on us Indians. We are one of he most color conscious and racist nation in the world ...

    In Goa the reverence for teh fair-skinned foreigner is also for more money and the chance of easy liaison with white girls.

    I agree but what most Indians dont realise is that most of the tourists from the western countries come from middle class families and are careful about money. I have seen some of them haggling even worse than Indians with street side vendors ..

    Good point made. After my pre-mature retirement, I took over for some time as the Director of the Renaissance Resort in Goa. Most(90%) of teh persons ( whites) staying in the resort were from East Europe and from professions like miners, janitors, cleaners etc. They were very careful with money as they were not rich.

    That is something that is so true, Europeans especially Germans are very thrifty and careful with their money, they never splurge no mater how much money they have unlike us Indians..look at the money spent on weddings and parties with absolutely no regard !!!


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.