The is a very old debate about the drawbacks of non-veg diet of human beings. A large amount of water is spent to raise animals to satisfy demands of non-vegetarians. Also the animals release large amount of green house gases such as methane which causes global warming. So in order to satisfy taste of delicacies human are in fact harming the environment. What are your thoughts ?

Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 5 days ago


    I think the meat industry is researching and developing new technologies on how to reduce the impact of raising animals and what animals are lesser harmful. Like I filled up a survey yesterday that was asking about eating meat habits. The survey was conducted by an Australian University that said eating pork is lesser harmful for the environment than eating beef as pigs discharge lesser harmful elements compared to cows. I am a vegetarian for a long time so I am probably helping the cause of environment. However, being vegan is different from being a vegetarian since vegans do not eat even dairy products including milk, butter or cheese. 


    Thank you said by: epraneeth77

  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 5 days ago


    When our creator made the world and us he balanced everything equally and man was carnivorous in the beginning. It is with an evolving civilization and culture that vegetarian food became a norm with certain communities . Vegan is one step further , wheher it is really benefitial is anybody's guess. I don't eat meat but eat sea food...what is needed is to eat a balanced diet in moderation rather than go overboard with meat products only !


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 5 days ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    When our creator made the world and us he balanced everything equally and man was carnivorous in the beginning. It is with an evolving civilization and culture that vegetarian food became a norm with certain communities . Vegan is one step further , wheher it is really benefitial is anybody's guess. I don't eat meat but eat sea food...what is needed is to eat a balanced diet in moderation rather than go overboard with meat products only !

    Eating sea food is actually helpful for the environment. In case the sea food is not consumed , it will lead to huge amount of dead sea creatures being washed to the shore. According to a popular research eating sea food helps in avoiding that situation because the amount of fishes that exist if they increase, they end up eating all the flora and fauna so in order to maintain the balance, it is actually helpful for environment to consume fish.


    Thank you said by: epraneeth77

  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 5 days ago


    suni51 wrote:

    I think the meat industry is researching and developing new technologies on how to reduce the impact of raising animals and what animals are lesser harmful. Like I filled up a survey yesterday that was asking about eating meat habits. The survey was conducted by an Australian University that said eating pork is lesser harmful for the environment than eating beef as pigs discharge lesser harmful elements compared to cows. I am a vegetarian for a long time so I am probably helping the cause of environment. However, being vegan is different from being a vegetarian since vegans do not eat even dairy products including milk, butter or cheese. 

    Yes correct. This is exactly what I read, most harmful gases are released by animals which are raised for beef. Also the amount of water spent in washing these animals is huge.


  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 5 days ago


    I am vegetarian so I can't say about non veg foods. For me vegetarian is best one.


  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 5 days ago


    It would be wrong to say that consumption of non vegetarian food cause more harm to the environment. Less people know that even crops like paddy release methane gas during its cultivation. Likewise cultivation of some other crops also release carbondioxide in air. Many of us also know that use of chemicals like fertilizer and pesticides in agricultural fields harms the soil and ultimately pollute the water. So consumptions of both vegetarians and non vegetarians food can harm the environment if done intensively.


    Thank you said by: suni51

  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 3 days ago


    jabeen wrote:

    It would be wrong to say that consumption of non vegetarian food cause more harm to the environment. Less people know that even crops like paddy release methane gas during its cultivation. Likewise cultivation of some other crops also release carbondioxide in air. Many of us also know that use of chemicals like fertilizer and pesticides in agricultural fields harms the soil and ultimately pollute the water. So consumptions of both vegetarians and non vegetarians food can harm the environment if done intensively.

    Nothing is perfect is this world. All thing have pros and cons both. Some is less harmful and some more harm full. We select from these.I think consumption of vegetarian food is less harmful to the environment than non-veg.


  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 3 days ago


    Veg or non veg..the eating habit is not only by your personal choice but also depends on the culture and demography of the place. Man has been omnivore and eats whatever is available in the surrounding. There are many theories and discussions to support one or the other. So a balanced diet is what is needed......be it veg or non veg.

    Vegan is the new trend but one has to keep a lot of things in mind before thinking to be one...meeting yoru nutritional requirement and practicality is very important. Can you stick to it for good?? 


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


    Thank you said by: jabeen, Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 3 days ago


    Veg or non veg..the eating habit is not only by your personal choice but also depends on the culture and demography of the place. Man has been omnivore and eats whatever is available in the surrounding. There are many theories and discussions to support one or the other. So a balanced diet is what is needed......be it veg or non veg.

    Vegan is the new trend but one has to keep a lot of things in mind before thinking to be one...meeting your nutritional requirement and practicality is very important. Can you stick to it for good?? 


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: The debate about being Vegan

    by » 3 days ago


    Indeed, everyone has their own choice of living and a balanced diet is of utmost importance to maintain overall health.

    I think just because it is known that eating non veg harms the environment will not make anyone to stop their eating, it is their choice. Also it may not have such a significant impact, even if its impact is there.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.