Treatment

The juice of bitter luffa is consider effective for jaundice. It is obtained by squeezing the bitter luffa through cloth. The juice should be placed on the palm of the hand and drawn up through the nostrils. This will cause a profuse outflow of a yellow-coloured fluid through the nostrils. This is, however, a strong medicine and may cause side-effects like giddiness, migraine.

If the juice of green bitter luffa is not available, it can be substituted by two to three drops of the fluid obtained by soaking its dry crusts overnight in water. This will produce an identical effect. Seeds of bitter lnffa which are easily available can also be used for the same purpose after rubbing in water.

The juice of green leaves of radish should he taken daily by an adult patient. It induces a healthy appetite and proper evacuation of bowels, and this results in gradual decrease of the trouble. In most cases, complete cure can be ensured within eight or ten days.

Tomatoes are valuable in jaundice. A glass of fresh tomato juice, mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper, taken early in the morning, is considered an effective remedy for this disease.

Lemon is also beneficial in the treatment of jaundice. The patient should be given 20 ml of lemon juice mixed with water several times a day. This will protect the damaged liver cells.
Jaundice treatment using Barley Water

Barley water drunk several times during the day is another good remedy for this disease. One cup of barley should be boiled in three litres of water and simmered for three hours.
Jaundice treatment using Jaundice Berry

The herb jaundice berry, botanically known as Berberis vultaris is very useful in jaundice.The pulverized bark should be given several times a day in doses of one-fourth of a teaspoon in the treatment of this disease, or the fluid extract should be given 2-4 ml doses.

Diet for Jaundice:
After the juice fast, the patient may adopt an all-fruit diet for further three to five days. In this regimen, he should have three meals a day of fresh juicy fruits such as apples, pears, grapes, oranges and pineapples, but no bananas. Thereafter a simple diet may be resumed on the following lines:

Upon arising: A glass of warm water with juice of half a lemon.

Breakfast: One fresh juicy fruit such as apple, pear, mango, papaya, or some grapes, or berries. One cup wheat broken wheat or one slice of whole meal bread with a little butter.

Mid-morning: Orange or pear juice.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks for providing the diet for Jaundice patients,Neetu. :) :)
Thanks once again Neetu for your post on useful health information!!

:) :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

thanks to neetu jain for sharing this information on jaundice, i also think that medicine along with proper diet is the best way to get cure from jaundice quickly.
Jaundice is treated as a deadly disease nowadays.I think it is good to treat first rather than taking home remedies.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.