Gujarat High Court declares as FALSE, the status of Hindi as a National language.

Severe blow to bhaiyyas
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What the hell is t his. Just fire that judge. Why people are dividing india. If court will give this type of results then what will happen in normal life.
I don't know why in india some people are making the issue of language . Shivsena compels the Taxi driver to learn marathi . Nw Gujart said HINDI is not athe national language
Please read the court's decision carefully...
Do not jump to conclusions...
What do you mean by 'Bhaiyas'... This is a discriminative comment... and insulting address for Hindi speaking Indians...
I register a strong protest against the word 'Bhaiyas'

Court says that Hindi is the official language... There is no national language... They have not rejected Hindi...

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
You are very correct Harish. I fully agree with you.

Such interpretation may be dangerous. We should not indulge in such discussion. Without Hindi how can one think of Hidusthan!
Even though I am a non Hindi I honour Hindi as the national language of INdia.But I am not to question court's declaration.
Language is just a medium for communication but India we made it as vote banks/ medium for dividing the people

Any language when forced to learn it becomes an issues. Any body forced you to learn English ???

When comes to Job/earning we learned English it is n't? So better not politicize which is going to be national language .

I think its time think to make English as official language and govt, should initiate English should reach everybody
You have raised a good point and I support it wholeheartedly...

Yet I do not accept the slang "bhaiyas" that has been flashed on an international electronic media and presents an ugly image of a divided Indian society on linguistic grounds...

Harish Jharia
I had mentioned in one of my post that all the languages included in a shcedule of the Constitution / those used in currency notes are naional. Hindi is simply official language and English is the associate official language. Some people go on proclaiming that Hindi is national language without any backing of law.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But Harish ji. Hindi is the national language. Not an official language. Hindi is the national language from a lot of time and it will remain. ok
By using the words 'national' or 'official' the importance and the constitutional position of Hindi does not affect...
Hindi has been adopted / declared by the government of India as the main language for interaction in the union of India.

For detailed information... Please read the following:

Official notification of Govt of India on Hindi:
http://india.gov.in/knowindia/official_language.php
Official Language - Constitutional/Statutory Provisions

Article 343(1) of the Constitution provides that Hindi in Devanagari script shall be the Official Language of the Union. Article 343(2) also provided for continuing the use of English in official work of the Union for a period of 15 years (i.e., up to 25 January 1965) from the date of commencement of the Constitution. Article 343(3) empowered the parliament to provide by law for continued use of English for official purposes even after 25 January 1965. Accordingly, section 3(2) of the Official Languages Act, 1963 (amended in 1967) provides for continuing the use of English in official work even after 25 January 1965. The Act also lays down that both Hindi and English shall compulsorily be used for certain specified purposes such as Resolutions, General Orders, Rules, Notifications, Administrative and other Reports, Press Communiqués; Administrative and other Reports and Official Papers to be laid before a House or the Houses of Parliament; Contracts, Agreements, Licences, Permits, Tender Notices and Forms of Tender, etc.

In 1976, Official Language Rules were framed under the provisions of section 8(1) of the Official Languages Act, 1963. Its salient features are as under:

They apply to all Central Government Offices, including any office of a Commission, Committee or Tribunal appointed by the Central Government and Corporation or Company owned or controlled by it;

Communications from a Central Government Office to State/Union Territories or to any person in Region "A" comprising the States of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Haryana and UTs of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Delhi, shall be in Hindi;

Communications from a Central Government Office to States/UTs in Region "B" comprising the States of Punjab, Gujarat, Maharashtra and the Union Territory of Chandigarh, shall ordinarily be in Hindi. However, communication to any person in Region "B" may be either in English or Hindi;

Communications from a Central Government Office to a State Government Office in region 'C' comprising all other States and UTs not included in region 'A' & 'B' or to any office (note being a Central Government Office) or person shall be in English;

Communications between Central Government Offices and from Central Government Offices to the Offices of the State Governments/Union Territories and individuals, etc., will be in Hindi in such proportions as may be determined from time to time;

All Manuals, Codes and other Procedural literature relating to Central Government Offices are required to be prepared both in Hindi and English. All Forms, Headings of Registers, Name Plates, Notice Boards and various items of stationery, etc., are also required to be in Hindi and English;

It shall be the responsibility of the officer signing the documents specified in section 3(3) of the Act to ensure that these are issued both in Hindi and English

Shall be the responsibility of the administrative head of each Central Government Office to ensure that the provisions of the Act, the Rules and directions issued under Sub-Rule-2 are properly complied with and to devise suitable and effective check points for this purpose
Policy

In compliance with the Official Language Resolution, 1968, an Annual Programme is prepared by the Department of Official Language in which targets are set for the offices of the Central Government with regard to originating correspondence, telegrams, telex, etc., in Hindi. A Quarterly Progress Report is called for from the offices of the Central Government regarding achievements vis-à-vis the said targets. An Annual Assessment Report is prepared on the basis of the Quarterly Progress Reports, which is laid on the Tables of both Houses of the Parliament and copies endorsed to State Governments and the Ministries/Departments of the Central Government.

Eight Regional Implementation Offices have been established at Bangalore, Cochin, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Bhopal, Delhi and Ghaziabad to monitor the implementation of Official Language Policy of the Union.

Harish Jharia
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.