The two words seem to have same meaning but there must be some difference since they are different words. Do you have any interesting explaination which can distinguish these two words?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Complete is related to satisfaction where as finish means end of some thing. That could be either way, good or bad.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Practically, when a product is fully manufactured and is usable, this is completed. Finishing means giving better look by artistic or painting touch.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Nice explanation about the different meaning of complete and finish.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Complete, Done, Finish are all means to be same but having a fine difference between them. Complete means a task allotted you and you have completed it. But finish means from your side you have done but it not sure that the task been allotted to you is fully completed.

cfp in Pune
Avijit First of all welcome in Boddunan.
Nice explanation from a fresher.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
The very basic grammatical difference lies in one being an adjective and a verb and the other - a noun as well as a verb. Now coming to the finer shades of meanings both these words present in their various forms. A finished product may lack in completeness in terms of design,packaging etc. In that case 'completeness' goes far beyond mere finishing.Similarly when we say that something lacking in finish, it suggests absence of sophistication.If an air of completeness is missing in a character, we may call it a deficient character.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Here,all who has explanned the difference are very nice explanation.
thanks for sharing.

Want to make each day Accountable

The very basic grammatical difference lies in one being an adjective and a verb and the other - a noun as well as a verb. Now coming to the finer shades of meanings both these words present in their various forms. A finished product may lack in completeness in terms of design,packaging etc. In that case 'completeness' goes far beyond mere finishing.Similarly when we say that something lacking in finish, it suggests absence of sophistication.If an air of completeness is missing in a character, we may call it a deficient character.

What a nice explanation :woohoo: :woohoo:
Actually me also trying to find its differences for the first time.
Simply, finish is a verb while complete can be both verb as well as noun. I doubt whether finish can be used as a noun. When used along with words task and work....finished work and completed task.....isn't it?
If so what is the difference between work and task? Task is an assigned job/work. If so, what is work?
11770_2012-05-21.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Apart from what is already said, there is one glaring difference. Complete or completion is always about work or doing some thing. This is not about using or consuming. Thus you may complete or finish a job. But you cannot complete your food. You may finish this. Also, when you are tired, you may say- I am finished. You don't say that you are completed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

What a nice explanation :woohoo: :woohoo:
Actually me also trying to find its differences for the first time.
Simply, finish is a verb while complete can be both verb as well as noun. I doubt whether finish can be used as a noun. When used along with words task and work....finished work and completed task.....isn't it?
If so what is the difference between work and task? Task is an assigned job/work. If so, what is work?

How 'complete' can be a noun and 'finish' can not be a noun?
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7201]}
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.