I am truly surprised that none cared to record our appreciation of the great performance of Viswanathan Anand in annexing the World Championship for the fifth time! That only highlights our partiality for a few sports where we see match fixing,rigging of results and worse! And here is a true champion who has been shining in the firmament of world chess like brilliant star for the las few decades. It is indeed, a pity! Hats off to a true champion!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7365]}
hatwave_2012-06-01.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Actually I was to start that thread. But forget it.
Congratulations to that National hero

Meera sandhu
Some of the games are not that popular among Indians, Chess is one such game. I have been playing it for decades but found none who talked about it here. Anand is a real hero who defeated Galfend in the decider. He is an unsung hero worth real Bharatratna.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am one of his big fans. He is the true the ambassador of Indian sports. His humility,hunger for success and impeccable manners have endeared him to his fans all over the world!
I am one of his big fans. He is the true the ambassador of Indian sports. His humility,hunger for success and impeccable manners have endeared him to his fans all over the world!

Actually, I take newspaper daily in my hands for past 4-5 days to eagerly know the result of the game. Yet, I forget to mention it here :blink:

Meera sandhu
Some of the games are not that popular among Indians, Chess is one such game. I have been playing it for decades but found none who talked about it here. Anand is a real hero who defeated Galfend in the decider. He is an unsung hero worth real Bharatratna.

I also played it for sometime! Oh,truly fascinating!
I have been following him while he was not as high in FIDE rating, he was around 2200 at that time but as they say, he really had it in him. He deserves to be in upper house more than any one else. (Not in ref to Sachin)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

After a long time we have a champion like him. It would take another few decades to realize the importance of his stupendous achievement!

I used to play chess in my childhood days with my brother. but later..... ;)
000203F2_2012-06-01.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu

Later......!!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7367]}

Later......!!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7367]}

I can't find a good player to play against me :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Actually, one day I played with one of my brother's friends and came to know am nothing. That day, I stopped playing chess, as I felt yet a lot more to learn :huh: ;)
I don't know how he played. He began to hunt each and every piece of mine. :( :( :(

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.