It occurred in the late midnight of Onam.....when Kerala was just to celebrate Thiruvonam.
Road repairing works were going on in Kannur and after a day's work, workers forget to place the divider back to previous position. The previous day also, an accident occurred, but nothing serious. But this time, it was a tanker lorry fully loaded with cooking gas of IOC. It was late night and since lorry driver couldn't see a divider, the lorry met with an accident and it fell down a valley and started leaking.
It was raining heavily. It was a blessing or curse, I don't know. Within half hour driver informed nearby places and they vacated almost all families from that place. They did whatever they can. Yet couldn't avoid the danger. In the explosion that occurred half hour after the accident, 49 people got injured and one person died. But in the past 5 days, 19 people lost their lives and 4 of them till in the critical stage.
Let me thank that brave lorry driver who informed people that night...otherwise, Kerala would have witnessed a big tragic incident on Onam. Yet, he disappeared soon after the explosion and surrender yesterday only.
This incident occurred due to a careless mistake by workers, yet I heard from news, leader of opposition Achuthananthan asking Government to file a case against IOC. But for what purpose? :dry:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/kerala/article3850944.ece

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh God! This was terrible incident. Very sad news. Actually the road should have been closed by the workers. It was the mistake of both the worker as well as the truck driver. The truck driver has later tried to repent his mistake which he has commited unknowingly. Horrible incident !
Devu...
If a divider is not placed at right place, it's not easy for a driver to identify correct road mark at late night. So, he can't be blamed. Same incident occurred just 1 day before also.

Meera sandhu
The accident occurred because of careless driving of I.O.C. driver. There is no reason why a vehicle should cross divider- day or night. If the accident is between two vehicles, this is understandable.

In view of vehicle causing the tragic accident belongs to I.O.C., the leader of opposition is right in asking action against I.O.C.

Incidentally, this is also a political question, Sandhya Ji, which you dislike.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The accident occurred because of careless driving of I.O.C. driver. There is no reason why a vehicle should cross divider- day or night. If the accident is between two vehicles, this is understandable.

In view of vehicle causing the tragic accident belongs to I.O.C., the leader of opposition is right in asking action against I.O.C.

Sirrrrrrrrr.........

Again another political question :woohoo: :woohoo:

IOC means Indian Oil Corporation. How can it become political? :whistle:
No idea :whistle: :whistle:

Meera sandhu
Today is Harthal in Chala....the place where this incident occurred. Just to offer homage for those people.

Since the incident occurred on Onam night, Chief minister cancelled all Onam programs of that day.
No one thought it's very critical...because no one was dead till noon though 49 injured. But day by day, death toll has reached 19.

It's really hurting that one regional reporter of manorama newspaper lost both his parents, wife and 2 members of his family. He was just a few distant away from the place when his wife called him saying, smell of gas every where. So, all of us are standing outside home. May be because, that family was not informed by anyone. :( . Before he reached the place, everything was finished.

There are 2-3 families also who lost more than 1 person.

Meera sandhu
There should be divider on road.But it is the duty of the driver to drive slow and just be careful while driving.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Sirrrrrrrrr.........

You commented on Leader of opposition member's demand to take action against I.O.C. Is this not political?

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sirrrrrrrrr.........

You commented on Leader of opposition member's demand to take action against I.O.C. Is this not political?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Agreed ;) !!!!

Sir, am learning a little politics now a days :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.