I am so confused on this subject and sincerely wish to have it clarified. I would like to know it in reference to our country only.
Just what it takes to be communal? How do you distinguish a communal force from anti communal?
How people determine if a party is communal and others are anti-communal?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shared, Common, Public, Collective, Join , Mutual are the synonyms for communal. I found it in Ms-word.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
The word 'communal' is derived from 'community'.. So any one working for a community is communal However, this is used in the sense of being aligned to a particular religious community. It is expected that state or government should be secular and not attached to any community. That is called secular. In this sense, France follows the principle of secularism or not being communal. Let me recall French Government policy not to allow any religious symbol in Government schools. Sikhs were also not allowed to wear turban or Karah. Indian P.M. Manmohan Singh persuaded French Government but they refused his plea saying that they are secular and o not allow even Christian symbol like cross.

In our country, secularism and communalism are differently defined. You may be involved with any community, seek a deity's blessing before filing papers for election and yet you are secular. Here secularism means cheating all communities equally. However they say that communlaism means 'hatred against other communities'. So, BJP has been declared as communal. any one who allies with BJP is communal. all others are secular.

This is from practical viewpoint. I have not gone in academics.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
The word 'communal' is derived from 'community'.. So any one working for a community is communal However, this is used in the sense of being aligned to a particular religious community. It is expected that state or government should be secular and not attached to any community. That is called secular. In this sense, France follows the principle of secularism or not being communal. Let me recall French Government policy not to allow any religious symbol in Government schools. Sikhs were also not allowed to wear turban or Karah. Indian P.M. Manmohan Singh persuaded French Government but they refused his plea saying that they are secular and o not allow even Christian symbol like cross.

In our country, secularism and communalism are differently defined. You may be involved with any community, seek a deity's blessing before filing papers for election and yet you are secular. Here secularism means cheating all communities equally. However they say that communlaism means 'hatred against other communities'. So, BJP has been declared as communal. any one who allies with BJP is communal. all others are secular.

Thanks for your just and accurate description...exactly like I thought especially, in reference to BJP. This is one of the best excuses to make that particular party untouchable while combining with other more communal forces. I should declare here that I am not attached to any political party in particular.

Thanks for your just and accurate description...exactly like I thought especially, in reference to BJP. This is one of the best excuses to make that particular party untouchable while combining with other more communal forces. I should declare here that I am not attached to any political party in particular.

In fact, most parties are communal to some extent. Rather, they are not communal but opportunist. They fool every community for votes.

Communal means a group of people or any religion .All parties are using them to get success in vote only.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Communal means a group of people or any religion .All parties are using them to get success in vote only.

Actually this has nothing to do with religion but our politics has turned it this way. We cannot think in any other terms but this only.

It will be good that our country should have two or three parties and we have to choose one in central.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It will be good that our country should have two or three parties and we have to choose one in central.

Yes I agree with you but this will never happen. here we have parties with one member only. Every one can form a party any time. That is the main reason of so much of corruption.

Actually this has nothing to do with religion but our politics has turned it this way. We cannot think in any other terms but this only.

Religion has two aspects- (1) Philosophy, values of life, beliefs (2) community or group associated with a particular philosophy or values.

when we talk of communalism, we have in mind not the faith but the group that is based on religion. It is not necessary that every member of a religious group actually follows or believe in that religion. This is based more on accident of birth in a particular community. Pt Nehru once said that he was a Hindu by birth.

There are political parties attached to faith/ religion. Before independence Hindu Maha Sabha was premier Hindu party. Later Bhartiya Jan Sangh established by Late shyama Prasad Mukherjee became principal voice of Hindus. This party was merged with Janata Party. Later the group came out of Janata party and formed Bhartiya janata party. despite Jan sangha origin, BJP is not as Hindu minded as Jana sangh. Rather, BJP and congress are now alike.

It is true that BJP gave to prominence only after demolition of Babri mosque and fanning Hindu sentiments. But much time has passed and now BJP is as secular or as communal as congress.

Now Communists are the only secular parties. In fact, they may also be considered anti religion. In fact, now is the time to forget about communal and secular. all should think and act for real benefit to people.

Gulshanji your explanation is truely the best one. You have many informations and lots of stuffs to write on all topics. I prefer to read your political and civics topics. I learn a lot from your posts.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.