The UPA 11 which is basically dominated by the policies of Congress and its policies. This party has not more than a little over 200 members in Lok Sabha but it has been virtually running a dictatorship riding on the shoulders of smaller parties ignoring their views on vital issues like bringing in foreign capital in Retail trade, ridiculously cutting down on LPG entitlements and promises to bring more misery to the common people of India. My humble question is if Dr. Singh's government has any democratic mandate to preach and practise his brand of economics of misery!!!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The UPA 11 which is basically dominated by the policies of Congress and its policies. This party has not more than a little over 200 members in Lok Sabha but it has been virtually running a dictatorship riding on the shoulders of smaller parties ignoring their views on vital issues like bringing in foreign capital in Retail trade, ridiculously cutting down on LPG entitlements and promises to bring more misery to the common people of India. My humble question is if Dr. Singh's government has any democratic mandate to preach and practise his brand of economics of misery!!!

As of now the UPA is struggling to survive and doesn't really matter to them how they do it. It is more Sonia's government than Dr Singhs, he is there only as the figure head ...But I feel that this the trend that is going to continue since we will keep getting a fractured mandate and parties will come together in different combinations each one looking after their own interest.Quite a bleak future ! If not UPA it will be NDA which too will be the same, I doubt if they could perform better

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Manmohan singh government has clearly not a clear and convincing mandate to rule. But this is not his fault. Congress is the largest single party and the burden of management of national affairs is on this party. Congress has to care for short term and long term needs and issues of the nation. Sometimes, it is necessary to take even unpleasant measures in national interest. But the government should come forward to explain all issues and compulsion to people.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

As of now the UPA is struggling to survive and doesn't really matter to them how they do it. It is more Sonia's government than Dr Singhs, he is there only as the figure head ...But I feel that this the trend that is going to continue since we will keep getting a fractured mandate and parties will come together in different combinations each one looking after their own interest.Quite a bleak future ! If not UPA it will be NDA which too will be the same, I doubt if they could perform better

It is indeed a bleak future for everyone! The phrase 'fractured mandate' fits perfectly well. As far as his Dr. Singh's economic knowledge and expertise is concerned, it hardly has helped India in any manner so far since he has taken over as the Prime Minister!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Manmohan singh government has clearly not a clear and convincing mandate to rule. But this is not his fault. Congress is the largest single party and the burden of management of national affairs is on this party. Congress has to care for short term and long term needs and issues of the nation. Sometimes, it is necessary to take even unpleasant measures in national interest. But the government should come forward to explain all issues and compulsion to people.

Agreed it is in the national interest, but the prices that have been raised should have been gradual and not sudden, it has broken the backs of many. Also, as far as the policy decisions have been made in the recent past, it is very clear that they are all to satisfy short term goals rather than long term benefits of the country! A cylinder that normally cost 450 is suddenly raised to 950 rupees is way too much and does not bode well.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is indeed a bleak future for everyone! The phrase 'fractured mandate' fits perfectly well. As far as his Dr. Singh's economic knowledge and expertise is concerned, it hardly has helped India in any manner so far since he has taken over as the Prime Minister!

He must be cursing his luck , I doubt if he can do anything at all with being pulled from all sides.The allies are one thing and his own party and his she boss must all be giving him a tough time.No wonder he keeps suggesting Rahul Gandhis name for the next time round lol...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Agreed it is in the national interest, but the prices that have been raised should have been gradual and not sudden, it has broken the backs of many. Also, as far as the policy decisions have been made in the recent past, it is very clear that they are all to satisfy short term goals rather than long term benefits of the country! A cylinder that normally cost 450 is suddenly raised to 950 rupees is way too much and does not bode well.

What is 'national interest' and who decides it ? A person who has never faced any direct elections in his life! The poor people are
always the target of all governments. His perception is flawed as expecting common whose share in economic development is just minimal to risk their food,shelter and bare clothes. Even the agriculture is the USA is heavily subsidized,its social sector spending would make any Communist state blush! What is Manmohan Singh's record in this regard? Let him teach and study 'economics' but never commit the mistake of ruling this country as diverse as complex as ours!
We may criticize policies and programmes of Man Mohan Singh and congress according to our understanding and perceptions. But when the question of mandate to rule arises, who has the mandate. Clearly congress has the mandate in alliance with other parties. Congress being biggest party in alliance has the Prime Minister. There is no direct election for P.M. It is for ruling party/ alliance to elect P.M. and that they did according to constitutional provision.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.