We live in an age of paradox. Here we see both abundance and scarcity living side by side.
We have bigger houses but smaller families.
We have more conveniences , less time.
We have more experts, more problems
We have become long on quantity and short on QUALITY.
-Dalai Lama
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is quote from Dalai Lama. He has more wisdom (dubious) and more followers (supposed), head of state (no more exiting) . Dalai lama is himself a paradox. Will this not be apt that he recognizes reality.

As regards other variable, space and time will always be limited. You will always need quantity even though you may compromise on quality. The entire population needs food, clothing and shelter. Quantity cannot be compromised. Quality has to be compromised because of compulsion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Due to increase in population scarcity of necessary goods is increasing day by day and such its price is also increasing.But still one can compromise in quality not in quantity.Because there is no question of decreasing the quantity.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Very well said by Dalai Lama. This has good vision of an economist. Together with this I would like to add few more:-
We have more cruelty and less mercy.
We have more dishonesty and less honesty.
We have more professional degrees and less job opportunities.
Very well said by Dalai Lama. This has good vision of an economist. Together with this I would like to add few more:-
We have more cruelty and less mercy.
We have more dishonesty and less honesty.
We have more professional degrees and less job opportunities.

i liked the last one.
We have become long on quantity and short on QUALITY.....That we get to see everywhere in life and most people tend to think that quantity makes up for quality which is far from the truth! But this is true of life - nature made things that way, she gave and took as she thought was right, am sure she had her own system of justice and balanced out accordingly !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nice quote of the Dalai Lama that you have reproduced here. Very inspiring. :blink:

Mala Jaiswar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.