I am from Delhi but was settled in Kerala since the last few years. When I shifted back to Delhi this month I was amazed at how much severe the winter has become. The temperature goes upto 7 degrees at night. Those in North India, how do you combat the severe winter?

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am from Delhi but was settled in Kerala since the last few years. When I shifted back to Delhi this month I was amazed at how much severe the winter has become. The temperature goes upto 7 degrees at night. Those in North India, how do you combat the severe winter?

You are lucky to have faced it in proper Delhi, had you been a couple of kilometers north of Delhi say about fifty or so it touched less than freezing point. There is forecast for another cold wave today onward..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There is no option but to adjust to weather conditions. Wearing warm clothes and taking hot stuff, using heaters or other warming devices are some ways.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Now you might have understood the real beauty of Kerala :P :P :P :P

Actually, it's moderate temperature here always, throughout the season except a few places. You can't expect too hot or too cold here. Advantage - a person can work throughout the year without any difficulty.....if avoided severe cold places near western ghats. But it's difficult for North Indians to adjust with this temperature variations at first.

During summer, temperature of Palakkad reaches 42 :ohmy: . Thrissur is next to it, it reaches 41 :silly: :silly: . But Thiruvannathapuram never crosses 39.

let me add one more thing, we got rain this week. so, it's ok. Otherwise we were burning like Tandoori Chicken till last week. :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu

Actually, it's moderate temperature here always, throughout the season except a few places. You can't expect too hot or too cold here. Advantage - a person can work throughout the year without any difficulty.....if avoided severe cold places near western ghats. But it's difficult for North Indians to adjust with this temperature variations at first.

During summer, temperature of Palakkad reaches 42 :ohmy: . Thrissur is next to it, it reaches 41 :silly: :silly: . But Thiruvannathapuram never crosses 39.

let me add one more thing, we got rain this week. so, it's ok. Otherwise we were burning like Tandoori Chicken till last week. :evil: :evil:

Although the temperatures do not cross 40 or so in Kerala but humidity is like killing there. Half an hour out in open space during day time makes one exhausted to the limit. The skin burns like pepper pasted allover. :whistle: Even sweet evenings are sweating and wet. :(

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Even I am also from Delhi and every summer I wish winters to come soon but when winter comes I complain why winter came as really its difficult for us to bear low temperature like happened this time. Many of the old people died in Delhi as they could not beat the winter this time. :blink:
In winter Delhi is cold and in summer too much hot.
I went once in summer and then suffered due to too much hot.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Although the temperatures do not cross 40 or so in Kerala but humidity is like killing there. Half an hour out in open space during day time makes one exhausted to the limit. The skin burns like pepper pasted allover. :whistle: Even sweet evenings are sweating and wet. :(

May be because sea is near :cheer: :cheer:
But frequent rains take away all those difficulties.
But where is rain god hiding for the past one year :blink:

Meera sandhu
Even I am also from Delhi and every summer I wish winters to come soon but when winter comes I complain why winter came as really its difficult for us to bear low temperature like happened this time. Many of the old people died in Delhi as they could not beat the winter this time. :blink:

such incidents never occur in Kerala. Here people die for floods :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
Yes I am also from Delhi and this time it really touches near the freezing point in the month of mid January first.It was very cold this time in Delhi.People suffered a lot.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.