The topic is locked.
These days youngsters want to get things done as soon as possible. Whereas elders want to slowly examine a thing and see its pros and cons before doing something. Every generation is different than the previous generation. View points tend to get different and the way of doing things also tends to become different. Generation gap was always present, but these days it is more pronounced. If the elder and younger generation practices empathy and tries to make an earnest attempt to understand each others point of view, generation gap can be lowered. Actually the younger generation can learn much from the younger generation. This is because the elder generation has more experience. You can see this fact in professional life too. Seniors in an office are better at doing things simply because they have more experience. Juniors in the office try to learn as much as they can from their seniors.

On the other hand the younger generation can also teach a few things to the elder generation. The younger generation has more knowledge about technical things than the older generation. The older generation has more experience of life in general as they have faced the practical dilemmas of life that the younger generation now faces. The younger generation is brimming with energy but unfortunately not as patient as the older generation. When the younger generation ignores an advice offered by the older generation, it often has to learn things the hard way by making mistakes. If the older generation shares what it has learnt with the younger generation and if the younger generation tries to teach the technical knowledge it has assimilated with the older generation, the results would be great. There wouldn't be much generation gap left.

If the younger generation shows a lot of interest in fashion, technology and attraction towards the opposite sex, it does not mean that they are incapable of learning new things or that they are not capable of taking appropriate decisions in life. The older generation thinks this way. The older generation should understand that the younger generation is capable of doing such things.

The younger generations feels that the older generation has little or no knowledge about new things. But it does not mean that the older generation is incapable of learning. My mother in law has become an internet whiz at the age of 65. I taught her only basic commands. So, if the older generation shares its experience of things with the younger generation and the younger generation shares its knowledge of things, we would see much better results. This is the best way to deal with generation gap. What is your opinion?

:dry: :dry: :dry:

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
These days youngsters want to get things done as soon as possible. Whereas elders want to slowly examine a thing and see its pros and cons before doing something. Every generation is different than the previous generation. View points tend to get different and the way of doing things also tends to become different. Generation gap was always present, but these days it is more pronounced. If the elder and younger generation practices empathy and tries to make an earnest attempt to understand each others point of view, generation gap can be lowered. Actually the younger generation can learn much from the younger generation. This is because the elder generation has more experience. You can see this fact in professional life too. Seniors in an office are better at doing things simply because they have more experience. Juniors in the office try to learn as much as they can from their seniors.

On the other hand the younger generation can also teach a few things to the elder generation. The younger generation has more knowledge about technical things than the older generation. The older generation has more experience of life in general as they have faced the practical dilemmas of life that the younger generation now faces. The younger generation is brimming with energy but unfortunately not as patient as the older generation. When the younger generation ignores an advice offered by the older generation, it often has to learn things the hard way by making mistakes. If the older generation shares what it has learnt with the younger generation and if the younger generation tries to teach the technical knowledge it has assimilated with the older generation, the results would be great. There wouldn't be much generation gap left.

If the younger generation shows a lot of interest in fashion, technology and attraction towards the opposite sex, it does not mean that they are incapable of learning new things or that they are not capable of taking appropriate decisions in life. The older generation thinks this way. The older generation should understand that the younger generation is capable of doing such things.

The younger generations feels that the older generation has little or no knowledge about new things. But it does not mean that the older generation is incapable of learning. My mother in law has become an internet whiz at the age of 65. I taught her only basic commands. So, if the older generation shares its experience of things with the younger generation and the younger generation shares its knowledge of things, we would see much better results. This is the best way to deal with generation gap. What is your opinion?

Bridging the gap is the only solution to erase the generation gap. For this both the generations should strive. Years ago, when the computers were new to India, I bought a computer of 486 and taught my children. Now they are teaching me PHP. Where is the generation gap here?

Bridging the gap is the only solution to erase the generation gap. For this both the generations should strive. Years ago, when the computers were new to India, I bought a computer of 486 and taught my children. Now they are teaching me PHP. Where is the generation gap here?

Yes treat new generation like friend.

Please avoid copy paste even if it is your own work. I am locking this thread.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.