When the conscience is coarsened over the treatment meted out to an exceptionally brave young IAS officer who dared to expose the dirty Indian politicians, I have a question troubling me. Is she an exception? I tend to believe she is. You may come down heavily on Mulayam, Akilesh and their tribe but what about a good number of our bureaucrats who have reduced themselves to the status of slaves!!! I remember very vividly the woeful tale of one of my very close relatives who once courted trouble by being very honest and conscientious in discharge of his duties. The fact of the matter was a deal involving leasing of government-owned fishing trawlers bought at a huge cost to the exchequer. As is very natural and common, in no time these trawlers were most inefficiently run by the corporation entrusted with the job and a corrupt minister quickly sensed his chance to engage a multi-national company to lease them. When my relative who was offered all kinds of material baits to buy his silence, repeatedly drew the attention of the departmental secretary to defaults on the part of the company to pay lease rent which was obviously a deliberate act, at the behest of the minister, the secretary threatened him with dire consequence if he persisted in his stand. I need not relate what happened to my relative at the end of his career. He was a 'condemned' functionary forced to spend his time in his small chamber till the last of his career and this corrupt minister deftly managed to keep himself afloat by joining Mulayam's bandwagon. He has cleverly managed to be a member of the Rajya Sabha member of Samajbadi Party although he hails from West Bengal!!!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree - she is not the only one but there are lots of them like her. However a few young ones dare to do something but when they see the outcome, they either change themselves or join private companies but in most cases they either change or suffer facing trouble coming their way in different forms. transfers, bad postings, useless seats and no promotions are some of them with no one giving them any importance.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The officers like Durga shakti are in hopeless minority. Overwhelming Majority in politics, services and corporate world is of unscrupulous corrupt individuals for whom money is the end- whatever be means. There is unholy alliance of politicians, bureaucrats and businessmen. Even the religious places are not free form corruption.

I have generally seen that the 'too honest' suffer. Possibly one may afford to be honest but he cannot thrust honesty on others. If he does so, it will be at his own peril.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree that such officers are exceptions. Apart from this recent issue with Durga Shakti Nagpal, we cannot forget the now-forgotten officers like Ashok Khemka, Arun Bhatia and many more like them who stood their ground on issues of honesty and integrity and [paid for it at the cost of their lives and career. I also cannot help but wonder about Sonia Gandhi's stand on suspension of Nagpal, who is clearly said to have instructed to Manmohan Singh that it should be seen that injustice is not meted out to Nagpal. But when a similar type of issue was raised against Robert Vadera by Ashok Khemka, why did she remain silent then? Why was Khemka dealt with in such unfair manner?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I agree that such officers are exceptions. Apart from this recent issue with Durga Shakti Nagpal, we cannot forget the now-forgotten officers like Ashok Khemka, Arun Bhatia and many more like them who stood their ground on issues of honesty and integrity and [paid for it at the cost of their lives and career. I also cannot help but wonder about Sonia Gandhi's stand on suspension of Nagpal, who is clearly said to have instructed to Manmohan Singh that it should be seen that injustice is not meted out to Nagpal. But when a similar type of issue was raised against Robert Vadera by Ashok Khemka, why did she remain silent then? Why was Khemka dealt with in such unfair manner?

The political parties have double standards. The object is not to support the honest officer but to get political mileage.

The political parties have double standards. The object is not to support the honest officer but to get political mileage.

That is true, the political parties will only support such officers if it suits their needs at that particular movement and not really because they approve of their honesty and integrity.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

That is true, the political parties will only support such officers if it suits their needs at that particular movement and not really because they approve of their honesty and integrity.

Now the confrontation has taken ugly turn. U.P. government leaders say that center may withdraw all I.A.S. and they can do with state officers. (P.C.S. officers)

In the recent developments, Muslim leaders have lashed out against Durga's suspension because Akhilesh Yadav has tried to give it a communal colour which is not the case

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/muslim-clerics-express-anger-over-durga-shakti-nagpals-suspension/articleshow/21638716.cms

How low can these leaders stoop?

Just look at Akhilesh's audacity, he now says that errant officers NEED to be punished by the government for their mistakes, but he does not comment on punishment that should be given to the politicians for their obvious and glaring mistakes! Really a big hypocrite with double standards!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/officers-have-to-be-punished-by-government-for-mistakes-akhilesh-yadav/articleshow/21638849.cms

The matter is so clear still the brave lady is not getting justice! A shameful act by the Akhilesh Govt.

Live in the present :)
The matter is so clear still the brave lady is not getting justice! A shameful act by the Akhilesh Govt.

Akhilesh is just too corrupt and shameless, he is exactly the word Chinmoy has used 'coarsened' and has developed thick skin so it is highly unlikely that fairness can be expected from him!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.