The benefits of cloud is storing data and accessing from any device, cloud is a computer network to store, access and share data online, however cloud still have physical servers, so is social media part of the cloud? If so how it can be helpful?

http://mohanmekap.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What you write in social media remains on the net and you may see on any computer. Thus this is part of cloud computing. You can always gather information about friends and relatives on the social media and so no need to maintain diary.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The benefits of cloud is storing data and accessing from any device, cloud is a computer network to store, access and share data online, however cloud still have physical servers, so is social media part of the cloud? If so how it can be helpful?

For that matter even your email account is part of the cloud. You can have a couple of email accounts and store your data forever. You can use it from anywhere and any computer of your choice without having a fear of losing it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

For that matter even your email account is part of the cloud. You can have a couple of email accounts and store your data forever. You can use it from anywhere and any computer of your choice without having a fear of losing it.
At the first instance when there is the thought of creating a cloud server, it deals without a computer in physical capacity, but that is not happening, cloud means yours data is somewhere, if you have emails then it is stored in that company's website, so the basic idea in which cloud computing starts does not satisfy these aspects as physical server can be out of order as some years back the Amazon cloud services, which is a paid one lost many files, so even in this modern times we should be keeping offline records apart from online cloud uploads.

http://mohanmekap.com/

At the first instance when there is the thought of creating a cloud server, it deals without a computer in physical capacity, but that is not happening, cloud means yours data is somewhere, if you have emails then it is stored in that company's website, so the basic idea in which cloud computing starts does not satisfy these aspects as physical server can be out of order as some years back the Amazon cloud services, which is a paid one lost many files, so even in this modern times we should be keeping offline records apart from online cloud uploads.

Although the concept is the same we cannot call that social media is the same as storing data on cloud. It is true that because our information is saved on company servers in case of social media such as facebook, twitter etc and email service providers which enables us to log in to our accounts from any computer in the world. But please bear in mind that we do not STORE data on those sites, barring those who send important files to themselves on their email IDs. In social media, we simply share some facts, photos etc but do not save important data or files that we may work on. So that basic difference will always be there.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Although the concept is the same we cannot call that social media is the same as storing data on cloud. It is true that because our information is saved on company servers in case of social media such as facebook, twitter etc and email service providers which enables us to log in to our accounts from any computer in the world. But please bear in mind that we do not STORE data on those sites, barring those who send important files to themselves on their email IDs. In social media, we simply share some facts, photos etc but do not save important data or files that we may work on. So that basic difference will always be there.

Here I may mention of Google Docs/ Drive that stores your files.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Here I may mention of Google Docs/ Drive that stores your files.

Exactly. Also, from what I have heard about cloud is that the data is not stored on a single server but across different ones in different continents. So if one goes bust, there are still others and the data is not lost!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There is no data storage facility yet that allows you store your data without physical aids, therefore it is liable to go missing even in cloud services. Therefore, yes you must have a backup of your precious data somewhere else too or you can use two different facilities to make double sure.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There is no data storage facility yet that allows you store your data without physical aids, therefore it is liable to go missing even in cloud services. Therefore, yes you must have a backup of your precious data somewhere else too or you can use two different facilities to make double sure.

Break down of Cloud servers is one thing about which I'm hearing often these days. Well before the advent of cloud computing I had a habit of saving my data especially my paintings in a sound back - up system.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.