Talking about characters of novels and plays of immortality , two characters which move me most is lady Macbeth of Macbeth and Phileas Fogg of ' Around the world in 80 days' by Jules Verne. Any comments?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Wow! Of late I had thought that Jules Verne had fallen into oblivion since many of the people I talk about books with did not know him. Phileas Fogg is my favorite character for his endearing perseverance and never-say-die attitude. I have lost count of how many times I read that book. Lady Macbeth did not really sit well with me when I read the play, but I read it only once. Now that you mention it, I must read it again but there is a certain allure definitely to her character!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Lady Macbeth is one of the most infamous and brilliantly portrayed characters created by the Bard of Avon. Her very name conjures up the extreme qualities of ambition and hunger for power. At the end of the play and after the death of King Duncan she was overwhelmed by her guilt so much that in one of her night mares, she feels her hands are smeared with blood and tries to wash her blood off her hands. Her sleep walking scene and her soliloquies especially, “All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand”, earned an eternal place in the world of literature.

Phileas Fogg of ' Around the world in 80 days' is a character made immortal by Jules Verne as an embodiment of true grit and adventurous spirit . Before his grit the daunting job of making a trip around the world in 80 days looked like a spec.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Lady Macbeth is one of the most infamous and brilliantly portrayed characters created by the Bard of Avon. Her very name conjures up the extreme qualities of ambition and hunger for power. At the end of the play and after the death of King Duncan she was overwhelmed by her guilt so much that in one of her night mares, she feels her hands are smeared with blood and tries to wash her blood off her hands. Her sleep walking scene and her soliloquies especially, “All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand”, earned an eternal place in the world of literature.

Phileas Fogg of ' Around the world in 80 days' is a character made immortal by Jules Verne as an embodiment of true grit and adventurous spirit . Before his grit the daunting job of making a trip around the world in 80 days looked like a spec.

You have brought out the very essence of the character of Lady Macbeth of Shakespeare immortal play 'Macbeth'. The eternal turmoil of an ambitious soul completely devoured by her immoral goals turning her husband into a mere tool or vehicle to achieve them. Though this character was created by the Bard of Avon a few centuries back, a profound study of it, would, reveal a brilliant cerebral journey of Shakespeare in exposing the human frailty in its most macabre form.

About Phileas Fogg I also agree with your views. Jules Verne's masterpiece is really worth reading thousand times. Apart from the protagonist Fogg, other characters like his servant Passepartout , Fix - the detective are all very compelling ! The brilliant account of the voyage itself makes it a rare masterpiece. I would love to read it many times more!!!
Talking about characters of novels and plays of immortality , two characters which move me most is lady Macbeth of Macbeth and Phileas Fogg of ' Around the world in 80 days' by Jules Verne. Any comments?

Lady Macbeth is no doubt a very powerful personality and has interesting shades to her character...But I much prefer Phileas Fogg, loved watching the old film based on the novel as well...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, chinmoymukherjee
lady Macbeth is one of Shakespeare's most famous and frightening female character. She manipulates her husband with remarkable greatness and when he denies for murder she questions her manness. She killed herself as her total inability to deal with the legacy of crimes.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.