We are told that an iron statue will be built in Gujarat - the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel; that this statue will be the tallest statue in the world; that it will be higher than the Statue of Liberty in North America and the statue of Christ the Redeemer in South America. A claim is being made that this statue of the freedom fighter and first Home Minister of India will prove India "greatest" and farmers will come forward and contribute to build it. With all respect to the great leader and all those who wish to build it, don't you think, there is something amiss in the whole project?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We are told that an iron statue will be built in Gujarat - the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel; that this statue will be the tallest statue in the world; that it will be higher than the Statue of Liberty in North America and the statue of Christ the Redeemer in South America. A claim is being made that this statue of the freedom fighter and first Home Minister of India will prove India "greatest" and farmers will come forward and contribute to build it. With all respect to the great leader and all those who wish to build it, don't you think, there is something amiss in the whole project?

That which is amiss is the common sense of our bragging politicians. They don't have the knowledge that statues will not make a country great.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

That which is amiss is the common sense of our bragging politicians. They don't have the knowledge that statues will not make a country great.

Actually, no body can make Sardar Patel greater by statue. He is great because he is great and not because of statue still to be made. This reminds me of a song in the movie- Mera naam Joker- Peeth unchai oont ki unchai si nahin hoti. Hoti hi hai peeth unchi oont ki (A camel's back is not high because of going high. This is really high.

Similarly- mahanata patel ki statue se nahi hoti. hoti hi Thi mahanata Sardar patel ki

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
R

Actually, no body can make Sardar Patel greater by statue. He is great because he is great and not because of statue still to be made. This reminds me of a song in the movie- Mera naam Joker- Peeth unchai oont ki unchai si nahin hoti. Hoti hi hai peeth unchi oont ki (A camel's back is not high because of going high. This is really high.

Similarly- mahanata patel ki statue se nahi hoti. hoti hi Thi mahanata Sardar patel ki

Sahi farmaya huzoor. How a statue can make person great, who was already great.?
I feel that the true freedom fighter of India was Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. He never told his people to build his statue. None of the freedom fighters had ever thought that their statue will be made in future. They were selfless and they sacrificed everything for the country, even their lives. This is a strategy to get votes.
The seed to liberate the country was sown by those selfless 'Sepoys' in 1857. It would be appropriate to erect statues of Sepoys.
I have great respect for Sardar Patelji and he has done enough to unite India, whn British left, there were numerous princely states, without him India could be divided into numerous regions. Statue of Unity will be sign for a modern India, I appreciate it.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I hope they make a ladder big enough to clean the poop of birds as well.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

I hope they make a ladder big enough to clean the poop of birds as well.

Yes. Otherwise the statue will become a bird sanctuary.

Yes one this is amiss in this project i.e. dirty politics. It is views of congress peoples that all congress leaders which contribute in freedom struggle are belongs with congress. Gandhi, Nehru, Patel and all other leaders of that time are leader of whole India and Indians. It will be better if congress also contribute in this project.

Yes one this is amiss in this project i.e. dirty politics. It is views of congress peoples that all congress leaders which contribute in freedom struggle are belongs with congress. Gandhi, Nehru, Patel and all other leaders of that time are leader of whole India and Indians. It will be better if congress also contribute in this project.

Yes. That's a good suggestion. If the congress really thinks that Patel belongs to congress, why it hasn't taken the initiative in the first place. As you said Patel belongs to the nation.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.