There was a news recently that an internet de-addiction center has opened up in China. Surprisingly there are many people joining there as patients! Do you think that such internet de-addiction centers are required in India?

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There was a news recently that an internet de-addiction center has opened up in China. Surprisingly there are many people joining there as patients! Do you think that such internet de-addiction centers are required in India?

In India there are several de addiction centers for Drugs and Alcohol. Is the number of drug addicts and alcoholists decreasing? In the same way de addiction centers for Internet will go down as an exercise in futility.

No I don't think that Indians are so addicted to internet that we need a rehab center.
These are just job opportunities. With sheer will one may get rid of addictions of various types. There are centers for combatting drug addiction. In Russia, there is a bizarre way of getting rid of addiction by spanking therapy. This may also work for internet addiction.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

These are just job opportunities. With sheer will one may get rid of addictions of various types. There are centers for combatting drug addiction. In Russia, there is a bizarre way of getting rid of addiction by spanking therapy. This may also work for internet addiction.

LOL. I'm sure spanking will work effectively for any kind of de-addiction.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
According to me no need to established such de-addiction center in India. Internet usage in India is very costly. People cannot be addict such costly internet in India. Internet usages is limited and for basic purpose only.
According to me no need to established such de-addiction center in India. Internet usage in India is very costly. People cannot be addict such costly internet in India. Internet usages is limited and for basic purpose only.

Yes I agree. In India Internet is only available in towns and cities. In some villages there might be one or two computers with Internet connection.
Of course internet de-addiction centres are the need of the hour! Too much connectivity in youngsters is leading to severe depression, isolation and aggressive behavior. Also too much of exposure to other peoples' lives via Facebook, Twitter etc. is making them dissatisfied with their own lives. Internet addiction is now formally recognised as a disease hence centres that deal with these issues are definitely the need of the hour. With changing times, we will be presented with more and more new things and technology and each thing will have its own repercussions in a negative manner and some, are bound to be addicted to them!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Of course internet de-addiction centres are the need of the hour! Too much connectivity in youngsters is leading to severe depression, isolation and aggressive behavior. Also too much of exposure to other peoples' lives via Facebook, Twitter etc. is making them dissatisfied with their own lives. Internet addiction is now formally recognised as a disease hence centres that deal with these issues are definitely the need of the hour. With changing times, we will be presented with more and more new things and technology and each thing will have its own repercussions in a negative manner and some, are bound to be addicted to them!

Every technology has its positive and negative effects. It is the user's responsibility how to use the technology. I have never seen such extreme cases of depression due to internet. I don't think Indians need internet de-addiction centers. The parents could take care of their children. As mentioned above sometimes a little spanking therapy may also help.

Yes I agree. In India Internet is only available in towns and cities. In some villages there might be one or two computers with Internet connection.

I don't think there is a need of this because according to TRAI rules and regulation usage of internet is reduced up to mark....Now a day No network provide unlimited internet....

Every technology has its positive and negative effects. It is the user's responsibility how to use the technology. I have never seen such extreme cases of depression due to internet. I don't think Indians need internet de-addiction centers. The parents could take care of their children. As mentioned above sometimes a little spanking therapy may also help.

Spanking theory works only in case of little children not grown ones and teens. Also Indians are not immune to temptations or vices of any kind nor are they superstrong enough so as not to need therapy or centres to help them get over de-addiction.

Read this link below so you will know that people are now actively seeking help to free their children from internet de-addiction and they are only the ones who have honestly admitted that THEY DO NEED HELP. There are many who do not even admit that they need and their numbers are probably very high. If you do a little search on the internet you will see that now people are also forming support and self-help groups similar to alcoholics and drug addicts. What more proof do you want that India does need such centres? :blink: :dry: :S

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-11-27/pune/30446939_1_internet-addiction-internet-gaming-internet-cafes

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.