When I went to fetch a packet of milk, I found the shop owner was busy performing his morning pooja.
I stood there waiting for his pooja to finish. In the meantime, other customers also came and stood by my side.
Though the shopkeeper was performing pooja, from the corner of his eyes watching the customers increasing by minute. But his pooja continued,
perhaps thinking that the god heard his prayers and sending the customers one after another.
At last, when the Pooja was finished, the shop owner was astonished to see there were no customers. After a while, wisdom dawned over the shop owner.
‘I’m a fool. God himself came in the form of customers and I didn’t recognize them. He made me realize that a Customer is the real god, not the one who’s framed in the picture.’
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Performing Puja while customers wait does not seem proper. Puja should be performed a little earlier to the business hours and shop opened after Puja.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Performing Puja while customers wait does not seem proper. Puja should be performed a little earlier to the business hours and shop opened after Puja.

Mahatma Gandhi describes the Customer as, “A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.”
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
If you are a shop-keeper, customers are god for you. You cannot neglect your customers for pooja. Best to open shop after Pooja.
When I went to fetch a packet of milk, I found the shop owner was busy performing his morning pooja.
I stood there waiting for his pooja to finish. In the meantime, other customers also came and stood by my side.
Though the shopkeeper was performing pooja, from the corner of his eyes watching the customers increasing by minute. But his pooja continued,
perhaps thinking that the god heard his prayers and sending the customers one after another.
At last, when the Pooja was finished, the shop owner was astonished to see there were no customers. After a while, wisdom dawned over the shop owner.
‘I’m a fool. God himself came in the form of customers and I didn’t recognize them. He made me realize that a Customer is the real god, not the one who’s framed in the picture.’

The shopkeeper probably never heard 'work is worship' the one who does not work properly perhaps miss the God Himself.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The shopkeeper probably never heard 'work is worship' the one who does not work properly perhaps miss the God Himself.

Very true. God is not an entity that sits in the Blue. This entity is seen everywhere in every form provided you have a heart and eye.
But this sort of a thing happens everywhere in India, shopkeepers are busy performing their pooja early in the morning with no consideration for customers who are in a hurry to finish their early morning chores and head to work. Even during evenings, many shopkeepers are busy conducting senseless rituals, being superstitious of many things! In Pune, early in the morning all hotel owners throw the first glass of tea prepared each day along with a glass of water on the roads, a superstitious belief that claims to bring in more customers each day! :blink: :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But this sort of a thing happens everywhere in India, shopkeepers are busy performing their pooja early in the morning with no consideration for customers who are in a hurry to finish their early morning chores and head to work. Even during evenings, many shopkeepers are busy conducting senseless rituals, being superstitious of many things! In Pune, early in the morning all hotel owners throw the first glass of tea prepared each day along with a glass of water on the roads, a superstitious belief that claims to bring in more customers each day! :blink: :blink:

True. In pursuit of their blind and superstitious beliefs , they are oblivious of what they are losing. These beliefs are really bane on the mankind.

True. In pursuit of their blind and superstitious beliefs , they are oblivious of what they are losing. These beliefs are really bane on the mankind.

And because of this attitude of the shopkeepers, super stores and malls have been a raging success!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

And because of this attitude of the shopkeepers, super stores and malls have been a raging success!

Exactly. A customer goes where he is heard and catered to his needs. "Who the heck cares you" attitude will not pay any more.

Sorry, but this culture is not to be seen in our part of the country, as our shopkeepers know the value of the customers. That is perhaps one reason, the malls are facing a stiff competition from small shopkeepers. Pooja can always wait when money matters.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.