Every one knows that Guru Dronacharya had some mission on his mind while he took the charge to teach Pandavas and Kauravas. He wanted to take revenge from his friend Drupad. But while doing so he has done something which a Guru/Teacher should not supposed to do. To make Arjuna as the worlds best in Archery, he taken the biggest Gurudakshina from Eklavya.

My questions is what he did was right or wrong? Being a teacher how could he does this adharma? Please discuss it.

Regards

Jeets

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Every one knows that Guru Dronacharya had some mission on his mind while he took the charge to teach Pandavas and Kauravas. He wanted to take revenge from his friend Drupad. But while doing so he has done something which a Guru/Teacher should not supposed to do. To make Arjuna as the worlds best in Archery, he taken the biggest Gurudakshina from Eklavya.

My questions is what he did was right or wrong? Being a teacher how could he does this adharma? Please discuss it.

In today's context what Drona did was very unfair since he was robbing a talented person of what was due to him.But again we see such things happening even today in different ways of course ! Taking the time and the life style that existed those days I would think that , giving importance to royalty was considered a duty since the royal families took care of their wards and they should be shown as being tough or rather tougher and more talented than all others... Drona probably did what was expected of him but as Krishna said ' every action has a reaction, so in the end all the actions right and wrong beget similar reactions- a right for a right and a wrong for a wrong ! The way Mahabharat ends speaks for justice and this very rule of nature from which none of us can get away..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

By all means I hail Drona charya.
Remember he had a mission to accomplish to make Arjuna the best archer in the world. He stood by his cause and and accomplished his Mission
Dharma and Adharma are relative words. They are not Absolute.
Dharma for Pakistan is Adharma for India.
Bhagat Singh was a traitor in the view of British
The same Bhagat Singh was a Patriot in the View of India.
There are no set norms for Dharma and Adharma.. Let's not jjudge others with our 'Own' standards.
What Dronacharya did could be his 'dharma'. He was 'royal guru'.. But it was Eklavya's folly to fall in the trap. The niggest lesson is that you should not rely on the ruling class- let this be Mahabharat times or modern times.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Everything is fair in war, as per great war of Mahabharat, the wishes of Lord Krishna exists, and the way he wanted to run the war, is testimony of different directions the war being fought, if Arjun was not secured from Ekalabya and later on Drona, might have been the war won by Kauravas, who are incidentally supporters of evils as the epic says.

http://mohanmekap.com/

In today's context what Drona did was very unfair since he was robbing a talented person of what was due to him.But again we see such things happening even today in different ways of course ! Taking the time and the life style that existed those days I would think that , giving importance to royalty was considered a duty since the royal families took care of their wards and they should be shown as being tough or rather tougher and more talented than all others... Drona probably did what was expected of him but as Krishna said ' every action has a reaction, so in the end all the actions right and wrong beget similar reactions- a right for a right and a wrong for a wrong ! The way Mahabharat ends speaks for justice and this very rule of nature from which none of us can get away..

Exactly..also we have to take note of the fact that Dronacharya stood by his given word , he had given word to Arjuna that he will make him the greatest archer in the world and it was within his dharma to remove all obstacles that lay in the way of Arjuna remaining the greatest archer in the world. Such things happen even today in different forms, different contexts too! And to err is only human, even if it a Dronacharya in the great epic or some humble person from the modern times.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Everything is fair in war, as per great war of Mahabharat, the wishes of Lord Krishna exists, and the way he wanted to run the war, is testimony of different directions the war being fought, if Arjun was not secured from Ekalabya and later on Drona, might have been the war won by Kauravas, who are incidentally supporters of evils as the epic says.

I fail to understand what was virtue or eveil in Mahabharat war. This was simply a land dispute or an internal family war. There is nothing on which there could be any public interest at large. The simple royal family war has been blown out of all proportion to sacred religious war or crusade or Jehad. Moreover, Mahabharata is just an epic and not history.

I fail to understand what was virtue or eveil in Mahabharat war. This was simply a land dispute or an internal family war. There is nothing on which there could be any public interest at large. The simple royal family war has been blown out of all proportion to sacred religious war or crusade or Jehad. Moreover, Mahabharata is just an epic and not history.

Yes. Epic is an entirely different proposition. It cannot be History with so many additions and deletions with the time.

Yes. Epic is an entirely different proposition. It cannot be History with so many additions and deletions with the time.

Thank you. Moreover, was there any greater pubic interest or was this simply a dispute on land or share of power in royal family? I feel this was simply a family dispute and so mahabharat war was not a crusade or dharmayudh.

Thank you. Moreover, was there any greater pubic interest or was this simply a dispute on land or share of power in royal family? I feel this was simply a family dispute and so mahabharat war was not a crusade or dharmayudh.

There is no public interest. It's dispute on land called Indraprasta and to annex it.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Exactly..also we have to take note of the fact that Dronacharya stood by his given word , he had given word to Arjuna that he will make him the greatest archer in the world and it was within his dharma to remove all obstacles that lay in the way of Arjuna remaining the greatest archer in the world. Such things happen even today in different forms, different contexts too! And to err is only human, even if it a Dronacharya in the great epic or some humble person from the modern times.

I remember there is a reference in Mahabharat where Arjun asks Krishna just before the war is fought and tells him how he felt cheated because of Duryodan and Karan.Then Krishna tells him that Arjun and the other Pandavas are able to see thimgs from their perspective and so also Duryodan.Whereas and outsider is able to see it differently and they would see bth the good and bad qualities of a person.He also tells that since Durydan had already gathered a large number of kings and their armies on his side, he does commend respect from others...But for what he has done or for that matter what anyone else has done there is a price to pay !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.