Today, I tried my best to prove that I’m a human being in this Mahan Bharat. I tried my best to prove that Rocks and Boulders will not pay taxes but human beings. I tried my best to prove that inanimate things will not eat Rice, wheat and sugar.
But the EC thinks otherwise. Because My name is not there in the voters list which was prepared by a bunch of fools, I was denied the right to vote.
Yesterday EC announced in the electronic media even if there is no name in the voters list, Voter slip will be given if one of the 18 Identity proofs are shown at the Polling center.
After running from pillar to post all the records made by the inefficient election officials failed to give me my Voter slip.
Inefficiency, Tujhe salaam.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Today, I tried my best to prove that I’m a human being in this Mahan Bharat. I tried my best to prove that Rocks and Boulders will not pay taxes but human beings. I tried my best to prove that inanimate things will not eat Rice, wheat and sugar.
But the EC thinks otherwise. Because My name is not there in the voters list which was prepared by a bunch of fools, I was denied the right to vote.
Yesterday EC announced in the electronic media even if there is no name in the voters list, Voter slip will be given if one of the 18 Identity proofs are shown at the Polling center.
After running from pillar to post all the records made by the inefficient election officials failed to give me my Voter slip.

It proves how far we need to go in making India " Shine" - if people cannot excercise their right to vote which is a basic requirement heaven help this contry. I had the same experience and when I went again after calling up some officials and was told I could take id proof and vote, I found that 4 votes had been cast for our entire family including myself.I did make a lot of noise and have given a written complaint but don't see anything much happening ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It proves how far we need to go in making India " Shine" - if people cannot excercise their right to vote which is a basic requirement heaven help this contry. I had the same experience and when I went again after calling up some officials and was told I could take id proof and vote, I found that 4 votes had been cast for our entire family including myself.I did make a lot of noise and have given a written complaint but don't see anything much happening ...

I too made lot of noise, but it proved to be an exercise in futility. I know I'm surrounded by insensitive, docile public which never support a rightful cause. As the news is coming, more and more proofs are coming to light about the gross inefficiency of the EC arrangements. In many places voting did not start because of inefficient EVMs. In some places there is no power. A polling officer died after seeing that the EVMs are not functioning. Many old people died unable to bear the scorching heat while in the queue.
So you too had to go through the exact same situation which we at other places had to! :blink: :blink: Seeing how this has happened with majorly educated voters, it makes you wonder if it was being done deliberately! :blink: :blink: :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

name in the voter list is primary consideration for voter entitlement. The eighteen proofs only prove identity and nothing else. If you don't have your name in voter list, any proof is of no help. Voter slip is nothing but copy of voter's record. So if there is no voter record in list of voters, obviously voter slip cannot be given.

Howver non inclusion of valid voter's name in voter list is a serious matter. If there are too many such cases, this is indeed gross inefficieny and criminal negligence.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

name in the voter list is primary consideration for voter entitlement. The eighteen proofs only prove identity and nothing else. If you don't have your name in voter list, any proof is of no help. Voter slip is nothing but copy of voter's record. So if there is no voter record in list of voters, obviously voter slip cannot be given.

Howver non inclusion of valid voter's name in voter list is a serious matter. If there are too many such cases, this is indeed gross inefficieny and criminal negligence.

In one single booth 112 people were protesting before the polling officer in Vizag. AP's EC has been repeatedly saying that even if the names of the voters are not listed, one can stand in the queue to vote showing one of the recognized identity cards to the polling staff. Is it not a blunder?

In one single booth 112 people were protesting before the polling officer in Vizag. AP's EC has been repeatedly saying that even if the names of the voters are not listed, one can stand in the queue to vote showing one of the recognized identity cards to the polling staff. Is it not a blunder?[/quote

This is indeed tragedic and funny both. It is most cruel to make people stand in queue in scorching heat when there is no purpose.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In one single booth 112 people were protesting before the polling officer in Vizag. AP's EC has been repeatedly saying that even if the names of the voters are not listed, one can stand in the queue to vote showing one of the recognized identity cards to the polling staff. Is it not a blunder?[/quote

This is indeed tragedic and funny both. It is most cruel to make people stand in queue in scorching heat when there is no purpose.

I was really pained not because of the extreme hot conditions but because of inefficient way of handling the poll services in the elections held in the biggest democracy in the world.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.