Every summer, large parts of North India suffer from power shortages. Is it bad governance, improper planning, indifferent attitude or sheer callousness on part of those responsible, that citizens have to suffer. I think all are responsible. Also there is large pilferage of power weakening the revenues of power suppliers.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Every summer, large parts of North India suffer from power shortages. Is it bad governance, improper planning, indifferent attitude or sheer callousness on part of those responsible, that citizens have to suffer. I think all are responsible. Also there is large pilferage of power weakening the revenues of power suppliers.[/quote

Ask me. In AP there is a power cut of 4-6 hours every day. The power shortage is due to the lack of forethought by the planners. And lack of efforts to find out an alternative energy source.
Every summer, large parts of North India suffer from power shortages. Is it bad governance, improper planning, indifferent attitude or sheer callousness on part of those responsible, that citizens have to suffer. I think all are responsible. Also there is large pilferage of power weakening the revenues of power suppliers.[/quote

Ask me. In AP there is a power cut of 4-6 hours every day. The power shortage is due to the lack of forethought by the planners. And lack of efforts to find out an alternative energy source.

Yesterday the new nuclear power plant in Tamil nadu has achieved its max. 1000 MW generation capacity. How vigourously it was opposed. AP is a coastal state, it should lead in wind power generation. I think AP also has good coal mines or am I wrong or have they gone to Telengana. Gujarat has surplus power !!!

Yesterday the new nuclear power plant in Tamil nadu has achieved its max. 1000 MW generation capacity. How vigourously it was opposed. AP is a coastal state, it should lead in wind power generation. I think AP also has good coal mines or am I wrong or have they gone to Telengana. Gujarat has surplus power !!!

Yes yesterday Kudankolam Atomic power project hits full capacity of 1000 MW. AP has resources but there is no exploitation. Coal mines were equally distributed in both States.

Yes yesterday Kudankolam Atomic power project hits full capacity of 1000 MW. AP has resources but there is no exploitation. Coal mines were equally distributed in both States.

Why exploitation is lacking. Now AP may be able to plan better. It must be very difficult w/o power for 4-5 hrs in summer.

Why exploitation is lacking. Now AP may be able to plan better. It must be very difficult w/o power for 4-5 hrs in summer.

Practically we are facing hell here. In remote villages power cuts last for 12 hours..Naidu has ambitious plans about power generation especially Solar power. Let's see what's in store for us.

Practically we are facing hell here. In remote villages power cuts last for 12 hours..Naidu has ambitious plans about power generation especially Solar power. Let's see what's in store for us.

We sure are a very tolerant society. what great punyas must have our politicians done in past life to deserve such tolerating voters.

We sure are a very tolerant society. what great punyas must have our politicians done in past life to deserve such tolerating voters.

Tolerance, patience are the other side of the same coin,Docile,insensitivity.

Tolerance, patience are the other side of the same coin,Docile,insensitivity.

Then we deserve what we get, power shortages, high inflation, high prices and emty promises.
It is extreme summer. Pilferage of electricity should be banned. Proper planning in terms of reform jn electrical grid needs to be done.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is extreme summer. Pilferage of electricity should be banned. Proper planning in terms of reform jn electrical grid needs to be done.[/quote

There is collusion in power pilferage. In one state if you wanted temporary electricity for marriage etc functions the area line man was to be contacted. He would come and put a wire across and you had to pay him gratification. The electricity Board would suffer the loss. People would blame the employee for being corrupt but not the person who took advantage of free electricity. Strict checking, fines and honest officials can bring pilferage down to near zero. One state in India has done it successfully.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.