As people and countries get richer, they tend to eat fewer cereals and more processed foods - from bread to chips. The richest 5% of urban India each consumes two bags of chips per month on average.
An analysis on how income circumscribes food choices.
http://www.thehindu.com/data/a-look-at-how-income-affects-consumption-habits/article6180214.ece?homepage=true&utm_source=Most%20Popular&utm_medium=Homepage&utm_campaign=Widget%20Promo
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is very true. Expenditure patern definitely changes with income level.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

As the income increases, people show an inclination towards exhibiting their status. This naturally drives them to go for posh restaurants and inns, where you will get processed food and unhealthy food packed in colorful packs.
Income is directly proportional to expenditure. As income increases their spending power increases and hence you will see more stacks of empty pizza, burger boxes and soft drink bottles outside the homes of such people. Rambabu, like you mentioned, their tendency of exhibiting their increased spending power also increases and they are the ones more likely to visit the multiple malls, cinemas and fast food joints more than ones with reasonable or less income. Of course, this again, is not a hard and fast rule, since people with less income may also indulge in such expenses to keep up with the trend and the ones who earn enormous incomes may try to be more stingy!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, rambabu
Income is directly proportional to expenditure. As income increases their spending power increases and hence you will see more stacks of empty pizza, burger boxes and soft drink bottles outside the homes of such people. Rambabu, like you mentioned, their tendency of exhibiting their increased spending power also increases and they are the ones more likely to visit the multiple malls, cinemas and fast food joints more than ones with reasonable or less income. Of course, this again, is not a hard and fast rule, since people with less income may also indulge in such expenses to keep up with the trend and the ones who earn enormous incomes may try to be more stingy![/quote

What you said is true. it's not necessary that all those who have higher income are money throwers and all those who have less income will not indulge in expensive ways. What i said was about a general tendency.. I have a friend who used to borrow money and visit a posh hotel.
@Rambabu: Very true: People who earn more exhibit it by dining out or lunching in most expensive restaurants, or buying expensive things - which can include anything under the sun. Income dictates the way people spend. But this may not be true for all..there are people I know who earn by leaps and bounds but hoard it.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

@Rambabu: Very true: People who earn more exhibit it by dining out or lunching in most expensive restaurants, or buying expensive things - which can include anything under the sun. Income dictates the way people spend. But this may not be true for all..there are people I know who earn by leaps and bounds but hoard it.

As long as the false belief , extravagance is a status symbol, this goes on. Of course, as you said, there are exceptions.

As the income increases, people show an inclination towards exhibiting their status. This naturally drives them to go for posh restaurants and inns, where you will get processed food and unhealthy food packed in colorful packs.

Perhaps their higher incomes also gives them the required funds to medically treat themselves from the harmful effects of eating unhealthy foods. So it is all cyclical.
Their income may take care of their ailments. Provided well Before that ailments will not take a toll of the unhealthy habits.
true. consumption habits changes with income.
true. consumption habits changes with income.

With an increase in income,people are lured towards a spicy life. The problem arises when the spices are overused.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.