Most privileged and rich people think a hundred times before they give a helping hand to anyne, not even food whcih when it is in excess, they may rather throw but not share with a poor hungry person...Watch this video and see for yourself...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/quickstir/red-hot/Would-You-Share-Food-With-A-Hungry-Man-Are-You-Sure-Watch-This/quickstirshow/38365139.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The refusal to share is in restaurant whereas the food donated is on pavement/ footpath to beggars. I don't think that any restaurant will allow begars or anyone else to disturb their customers. But I am against wastage of food. So, I take in my plate only small qualtity and if I still feel hungry another small quaniity. Thus I care that no part of food is wasted. Th excess food though billed is fit for use by hotel staff or any one.

Here at Agra a bar cum restaurant serves food free to bears once a week outside the hotel premises. Obviously, no beggar would enter the restaurant.

But a few times I had another experience. Total stranger came inside restaurant and begged me for some money for petrol as somebody was sick in hospital and his scooter had run out of petrol. I just paid money to that person. The hotel staff asked me if I knew the person and how I would get the money returned. I just answered that I was there to take some whiskey and snacks and I did not like to argue. Possibly, the man may be in genuine need.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
I am totally against wasting food..of course it is habit which I have started cultivating few years back. Also, when a beggar comes to beg for food I share whatever I have like say a banana..but i really don't feel like giving money to women who carry sleepy children with them and beg for money..because it is business they take up..sometimes these child are dead child who are used by these beggars....There was article about these beggar, right now don't have any link to share about it though.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: usha manohar
agree that rich people waste food. it can be given to the needy ones, but the food remained in parties and marriages is thrown in dust instead of distributing to needy ones.
Basically I am against begging and encouraging beggars but at the same time we all know that there are less fortunate people around us and if we can why not help them out? Here it is noteworthy that poorer people tend to share whatever little they have ..This is something that has been observed by Dominique Lapierre, in his novel City of Joy, where he writes about Anand nagar and its residents who are ever ready to share their meager belongings ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The refusal to share is in restaurant whereas the food donated is on pavement/ footpath to beggars. I don't think that any restaurant will allow begars or anyone else to disturb their customers. But I am against wastage of food. So, I take in my plate only small qualtity and if I still feel hungry another small quaniity. Thus I care that no part of food is wasted. Th excess food though billed is fit for use by hotel staff or any one.

Here at Agra a bar cum restaurant serves food free to bears once a week outside the hotel premises. Obviously, no beggar would enter the restaurant.

But a few times I had another experience. Total stranger came inside restaurant and begged me for some money for petrol as somebody was sick in hospital and his scooter had run out of petrol. I just paid money to that person. The hotel staff asked me if I knew the person and how I would get the money returned. I just answered that I was there to take some whiskey and snacks and I did not like to argue. Possibly, the man may be in genuine need.

It is a practice in many five star hotels that excess food is donated to charity as they do not carry it forward to next serving. Also once someone is in a mood to give it does not matter if he was tricked into it. The giver gives in good faith.
There are many corporate companies now who are taking their social responsibility function seriously and have started sorts of food banks where they collect excess food from people and distribute to the needy. There is one such company we frequently pass by Venkateshwara Hatcheries where every evening the footpath outside is crowded with people who come for food. But recently, to my disappointment, I am seeing quite well-dressed people now in the crowds and by their looks, health etc. It is quite clear that they do not need free food! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There are many corporate companies now who are taking their social responsibility function seriously and have started sorts of food banks where they collect excess food from people and distribute to the needy. There is one such company we frequently pass by Venkateshwara Hatcheries where every evening the footpath outside is crowded with people who come for food. But recently, to my disappointment, I am seeing quite well-dressed people now in the crowds and by their looks, health etc. It is quite clear that they do not need free food! :blink:

The dress of the crowd is directly proportional to the quality of food being served.

The dress of the crowd is directly proportional to the quality of food being served.

Probably might be true. But how could the generous sponsors still keep giving free food in such a case??? :dry: :huh:

Probably might be true. But how could the generous sponsors still keep giving free food in such a case??? :dry: :huh:

Perhaps some one is donating dresses also !

Perhaps some one is donating dresses also !

Yeah....and we did not know about it so they really need the free stuff!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.