I appreciate the step taken by the Indian government for helping the poor. The mid day meal was intended to feed children in government schools and institutes who are not taking proper meal due to their family conditions. But the reality on ground is different. As most of the schemes run the by the government, it is also affected by corruption. Somewhere the quality of food is not good, some times the food get poisoned due to mismanagement and as a result many children get ill or sometime die, there are also some cases that some schools or institutes have no or a very few children but they are getting large amounts from the government.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are scores of such governmental schemes whose fruits are not reaching those whom they are intended to. Bad implementation . Just introducing a scheme and washing off the hands will not work unless they are implemented in a strict way.
I appreciate the step taken by the Indian government for helping the poor. The mid day meal was intended to feed children in government schools and institutes who are not taking proper meal due to their family conditions. But the reality on ground is different. As most of the schemes run the by the government, it is also affected by corruption. Somewhere the quality of food is not good, some times the food get poisoned due to mismanagement and as a result many children get ill or sometime die, there are also some cases that some schools or institutes have no or a very few children but they are getting large amounts from the government.

In addition mid-day meal was initiated by the Govt.of India to drive more children out of their home to the schools. This worked as an incentive to poor children, who were denied education on the pretext of adding and supplementing to the family income.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Mid day meal schemes have some structural problems and and are not monitored properly. In most places the mid day meal scheme is taken over by private contractors and the school teachers manage the job. In such cases discrepancy and huge corruption is found. In such cases the children get very low quality and insufficient food. Rackets of corruption is found between the teachers and private contractors who try to pocket money allocated for the schemes. The government do nothing to monitor these schemes and there is lack of concern also. The state governments should themselves take over such schemes and monitor them fully instead of handling them to such private contractors who try to profit out of the schemes.

I love writing and sharing ideas

I thing it depens upon the government. Here Amma Unavagam started and running successfully for the past of 1 year. People are now happy and they are eating the food at low cost. Quality of the food is also good.

Pongal (Rs.5)
Idly with sambar (Rs.1)
Chapathi with dall (Rs.3)

Sambar rice(Rs.5)
Curry rice (Rs.5)
Lemon rice (Rs.5)
Curd rice (Rs.3)
Mid day meal concept is good but will it implemented in well directed manner. The answer is no. At many places this is only show on paper. At many places Partial meal is provided to children. The preparation procedure is also not up to the mark. Government need to implement this scheme as they announces.
Mid day meal concept is good but will it implemented in well directed manner. The answer is no. At many places this is only show on paper. At many places Partial meal is provided to children. The preparation procedure is also not up to the mark. Government need to implement this scheme as they announces.

Did any Governmental welfare scheme work ? Foundations for welfare schemes are aimed at Vote grabbing.. The foundation stone thus laid will be there until the next elections.
The concept on paper is actually very good but the implementation again reeks of negligence, corruption at all levels etc. There have been numerous cases since the scheme of implemented where the food served to children was actually rotten, contained maggots etc. and poor children fell victims to food poisoning. Then to avoid this, they started giving only the grain to children daily (I think it was something like 100 grams rice per day per child) to be taken home and cooked. But the poor parents started saving the grains and then selling, not all but many did. So again cooked meals are now given. I know a person quite well who has the contract of giving meals to about 14000 children in several schools and within four years, he has become filthy rich. Believe me, he has got lakhs of rupees lying in bundles just like that in his home! :blink: All because he can easily sell about 200 kilos of that rice daily, which is meant for children! :blink: How gross is this?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

very true, some people are taking the government schemes as the schemes for their own welfare, the money or anything else which is for poor people, the private contractors took that to their home and did not give it to poor. our government on the other hand, knowing all about, keeps sleeping.

http://www.comparenshop.in

very true, some people are taking the government schemes as the schemes for their own welfare, the money or anything else which is for poor people, the private contractors took that to their home and did not give it to poor. our government on the other hand, knowing all about, keeps sleeping.

It's not Just some people almost all took the opportunity and made money. This is an open secret.

Did any Governmental welfare scheme work ? Foundations for welfare schemes are aimed at Vote grabbing.. The foundation stone thus laid will be there until the next elections.

Yes, You are right. No government welfare scheme work. Now public become irresponsible in selecting such government and government become smarter and smarter to gain votes by announcing such schemes.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.