last month the price of one kg of tomato was around rs 5, suddenly this month the price hiked to rs 100 for one kg. Tomato is a type of vegetable which cannot be preserved for a longer, but a sudden hike in the price seems like there is some political influence behind the price hike.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
last month the price of one kg of tomato was around rs 5, suddenly this month the price hiked to rs 100 for one kg. Tomato is a type of vegetable which cannot be preserved for a longer, but a sudden hike in the price seems like there is some political influence behind the price hike.

You mean to hint that costs incurred pre May16th are being recovered post may 16th. A lot many people believe it and it is also well known that in democracy it is the people who also finance the politicians this way or that way. If recovery is poor or very large many more items may hit a century. Cheers.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Perhaps some political leader and his black marketing agents want to make money by hoarding tomatoes . But in my AP , still it's remaining in half century.
Perhaps some political leader and his black marketing agents want to make money by hoarding tomatoes . But in my AP , still it's remaining in half century.

AP and Telengana together have scored a century in partnership .

AP and Telengana together have scored a century in partnership .

AP doesn't want to share a partnership with Telengana.
Onion also some times increasing in this range. It is a marketing technique. They want to increase the price of the item so they are indirectly doing it by showing that the supply is less so demand is high so we are increasing the price. Wait for 2 days if any rain comes they will come automatically reduce the price.
I am not sure about the price hike of tomatoes.but sometimes lack of rain and less supply are indeed the reason for price hike.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Fortunately in AP the price rise is not as high as the other parts of the country though we too have shortage of Rainfall.
Tomatoes are yet Rs 60 per kg in Pune, but likely to touch century if the supply is not increased. I think more than rains, it is normally the artificial scarcity created by the agents. On the way to Nashik from Pune, tomatoes are grown on a large scale and many a times I have seen truckloads of tomatoes being dumped in ditches because they could not find markets or did not get proper prices!

Same is the case with onions, big companies like Reliance Fresh buy them in large quantities and hard them in their warehouses creating artificial scarcity and bring them out when prices skyrocket. Now even farmers have started hiding their harvest of onions, I was told by a grocer just yesterday about this fact.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Tomato price may shoot up to Rs 70 to Rs 80. I am not sure the reason behind it may be the delayed monsoon.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Yes, we cannot preserve tomato for longer. Sudden price rise is unexpected. Now people stop using tomato in their diet. Even richer people uses very small quantity of tomato.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.