Just a few days back one of my friends were just talking about her kid who is an ardent fan of "Chota Bheem". She told me that her 4 and a half-year-old son only talks like the cartoon character "chota bheem" . The child speaks only in that tone. Is it something to worry much or just a phase that the particular child is growing through?

I love writing and sharing ideas

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The cartoons are best mode of learning by kids. These are interesting and also a source of learning of language and environmnt.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Cartoons help children learn quite a few things, eg. my son speaks Hindi very fluently thanks to watching cartoons, he even uses quite difficult proverbs very beautifully in his conversations. But you have to take care of monitoring what and how much they watch. Eg. I never allow my son to watch Doaremon, Nobita is someone I never would want my son to follow, a lazy shirker who tries to get Doraemon make gadgets to do his own work, being rude etc. You have to watch yourself and determine what they can watch. Also set a time limit, no more than one hour or two hours per day etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Some of the cartoon channels like nick junior, baby TV are very interesting and enjoyable for children. The cartoon animations shown in these channels are educational and children learn a wide variety of new words and meanings. But there are many which can cause aggressive and violent behavior in young children and preschoolers.

Yes some cartoon animations like power rangers are excessively violent. Another popular series called "Shin Chan" which is now banned in India revolved around a 5-year-old kid who used to make certain comments and acts which was very unusual for a kid of such tender age.

Depends on the type of cartoon movie the children are exposed to. Tom and Jerry is OK. Once a boy of 6 years tried to imitate Spider man and tried to crawl like him and jump over the walls and broken his two legs.
Just a few days back one of my friends were just talking about her kid who is an ardent fan of "Chota Bheem". She told me that her 4 and a half-year-old son only talks like the cartoon character "chota bheem" . The child speaks only in that tone. Is it something to worry much or just a phase that the particular child is growing through?

This must be a phase which will eventually come to a halt. However, it is better if he is told to limit this behavior and not over do it or else it will become difficult to forgo this habit. Also...as parents we should monitor on the hours of watching cartoon..like some one i know whose kids love chota bheem a lot and often want to go on watching it. So his parents have devised a solution to deal with this and limit the hrs of tv watching by saying something like 'no you cannot watch chota bheem now because he went to his school, next time, he is sleeping, it is chota bheem's nap time,...and so on which has helped them to control watching chota bheem for a stipulated time.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes such incidents are quite common. I have heard of an incident where a 9-year-old girl died while imitating an act of her favorite hero Shaktiman. There was no one in the house to help her at that time.

Selection of the right type of cartoon movie by the parents or the teachers will go a long way. All cartoons arenot suitable to the children.
Yes this is a wonderful strategy that you have suggested.

Yes this is a wonderful strategy that you have suggested.

That's where the Parents come in to picture. This is the minimum parents can do for bringing children in to this world.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.