I was a witness to this incident  that happened in a Mall.  
i over heard a six-year-old quietly ask her mother for something. Suddenly, in front of the crowd, the mother exploded and yelled hysterically at the child. The little girl was silenced with tears streaming down her cheeks. It looked like a familiar scene for mother and daughter. The crowd silenced too, but quickly acted like nothing happened. This example of shaming and humiliating a child can have long term devastating effects. Will this little girl grow up to respect her mother?
Shaming Children Is Emotionally Abusive
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
i over heard a six-year-old quietly ask her mother for something. Suddenly, in front of the crowd, the mother exploded and yelled hysterically at the child. The little girl was silenced with tears streaming down her cheeks. It looked like a familiar scene for mother and daughter. The crowd silenced too, but quickly acted like nothing happened. This example of shaming and humiliating a child can have long term devastating effects. Will this little girl grow up to respect her mother?

This type of scolding is not good. It create a bad impact on child. If that child ask something right or wrong, mother need to patience. No need to scold her child. It might create a separation in future time...

Well, it is not a good idea to jump to conclusions without knowing the heart of the matter. Agreed that for a child as small as six years old, a mother needs to be more affirmative rather than scold her and scare the daylights out of her. But it is quite possible that the child may have been pestering her mother for a long time, which led the mother to shout and yell at the child.

But yes, even i have observed some mothers...in fact a lady slapped her 6 or may be 5 yr old son for nothing..the boy was asking her mother to let him eat some biscuits...this looked strange...instead of feeding him...she slapped him for no reason.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

This is very inappropriate. Even a very small child has some self respect. Just begin behaving nice and see the result.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is not good to scold any one infront of others. Especially, when it comes to a child, it will affect her psychologically. Evenafter, she grows up, she will not forget incidents like this. It will last in her mind forever. So, parents should be careful in bringing up their children.

Just because the poor children are dependable, parents tend to treat the in such a manner, thankfully child abuse law will be brought in the by the Modi government pretty soon which will make it a little more difficult for [arents to show their frustrations on their children..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Just because the poor children are dependable, parents tend to treat the in such a manner, thankfully child abuse law will be brought in the by the Modi government pretty soon which will make it a little more difficult for [arents to show their frustrations on their children..[/quote

Good to hear Child abuse law is going to be introduced by the New government. It's the need of the hour.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.